• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Counted Sorrows

I've not used band but have seen it mentioned a few times. Think I need to investigate it more, they look great.

This is my Front page of BAND if that is any help in choosing which groups to join, obv i have local groups for my area/region.
1626969180944.png

1626969196930.png

Kew Aquatics is where you can browse lists of fish from 3 wholesalers etc. he posts lists regularly. And with postage works out to a reasonable rate.
Thanks Gill, I spent probably too long joing various bands last night :lol:. Unfortunately I don't have room for anymore fish at the moment but I'm hoping to find some different Bucephalandra, (especially martini) if you have any suggestions, I could only find one US and one Vietnamese band?

They're so small, absolutely amazing.

They arrived, and they are perfect.
Some have blue, brown, Amber and red eyes and speckled.
They are almost fully grown and are smaller than the female bloody Mary shrimp.
I ordered 10 and they were all swimming about in the bag, with no casualties.
Excuse the cloudiness, I added worms for them to hunt.
I am so happy to have got these again after so many years.

Just need the micro crabs 🦀 to complete this little jungle.
wow they are GORGEOUS!! What a fabulous selection of fish you're keeping.

Kew Aquatics is where you can browse lists of fish from 3 wholesalers etc. he posts lists regularly. And with postage works out to a reasonable rate.
Is Kew Aquatics where you got these lovely fish from? I bought a few fish from him before and it was very good, they were great quality fish and he was really nice and helpful.

Thanks Gill, I spent probably too long joing various bands last night :lol:. Unfortunately I don't have room for anymore fish at the moment but I'm hoping to find some different Bucephalandra, (especially martini) if you have any suggestions, I could only find one US and one Vietnamese band?

They're so small, absolutely amazing.
You can spiral down the rabbit hole with band, so i try to restrict my feed.
Fridays is share day, where all the groups spam other groups to entice people to join their specific group.

Not a problem, I buy my Buce from K2, always has a nice variety of them.
Bucephalandra 40 species

Also there is @Konrad Michalski who can get rare plants etc.

I also have my eye on some of the stunning liquorice gourami varieties on the lists. And have not kept them in years.
They are Bubble nesters, but nest in tunnel structures. So you always need to have 35mm film canisters on hand for them to breed in. Or little clay urns which are another favourite, from passt breeding experience.
I used to have so many supplies, but they were all left behind during my bitter divorce. So Many Unusual pico and nano tanks :(

wow they are GORGEOUS!! What a fabulous selection of fish you're keeping.

Is Kew Aquatics where you got these lovely fish from? I bought a few fish from him before and it was very good, they were great quality fish and he was really nice and helpful.
Thank you, I have been hunting them down for years. I have not had them since 2010 when i was able to order thru the store I managed, and ended up with hundreds thru a miscount.
They are a joy to watch hunting, will try and get a decent video of them.
I do enjoy keeping the stranger fish in the hobby, and the challenge that comes with them. Really want glass gobies again since finding them in MA Harlestone Heath many years ago. And Danionella Dracula the smallest toothed fish.

Yes, Ian at kew is Great and always willing to help get fish for you. He will readily refund you if the fish don't come, or he is not happy with the quality the wholesalers send over. Though sometimes with his Transhipper charges added into the final price, it can be a little pricier then stores. Though you have to factor in your time driving around trying to find them in the 1st place. As I did in my younger years, driving all over the midlands to find stores.
Now the 35 min journey to Bardills seems long to me.

liquorice gourami varieties on the lists. And have not kept them in years.
They are Bubble nesters, but nest in tunnel structures. So you always need to have 35mm film canisters on hand for them to breed in
They are beautiful. I found the 35mm film canisters I used to use the other day. I've been keeping them just in case :lol:

They are alot more active no settled in.

I have started adding any rafts that I find in buckets and barrels for them to predate upon once they hatch.
Next doors Little girl had to ask what I was looking for, so explained and she went Ewwwwwwwwww, but then asked to see them eating. :lol:

So I spotted these at Bardills, and they are a pair. And for the price I snapped them up.
I have been away for a few days, so it's a little neglected. Will be trimmed a bit soon.

I am leaving this a bit dirty as there is so much life in here. And the paradoxus' spend most of their time hunting amongst it all.

Attachments

• 20210807_181520.jpg
    20210807_181520.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 20210807_181652.jpg
    20210807_181652.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • 20210807_181732.jpg
    20210807_181732.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
Not much to update,
Indos are doing well. See them now and again as they forage for food.
The basis are getting along well with minimal chasing.
Sadly lost the pandas, so don't think they were suited for this one. Have gone for a skittles mix of shrimp now. And have blue, orange, rilli, carbon, red tiger and bloody mary.

Excuse the mess, the shrimp have had snowflake.

Attachments

• 20210912_084823.jpg
    20210912_084823.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
Crocs stopped eating and would not hunt for any live foods no matter what I put in for them. And lost the last one this afternoon. Did add a few IAL to see if that helped, as did not want to use any harsh chems with them being so delicate little things.
So stripped the tank down and rescaped it all.
Went for White Silica for the substrate.
Added the largest anubias from the main tank, that was looking grim. Will let the shrimp and snails take care of the worst leaves.
Scarlett Badis pair are still going great, though no breeding has occured yet. Rescape might trigger this, will wait and see.
will reseed the tank with some micro fauna from the daphnia tub.

Back