• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Couple of general maintenance questions

Deano3

Hi everyone just a couple of daft questions that i have and havnt really seen answered.

1. After the lilly pipes have been cleaned and soaked in a bleach solution i normally rinse under the tap then re-fill the container i had them in with fresh water and add around 10ml of prime just wondering how much prime is needed so k dont waste to much ?

2. After doing maintence and water change i normally empty the buckets down sink and catch what palnt mass i can and bin, however i sometimes worry algae and moss etc may go down the plug just wondering if anyone does it different or if should be fine.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I use a 1_ 10 bleach solution and soak for 30 mins then dont use any prime and just wash thoroughly in hot then cold water never had a issue with loss of live stock

I do the same as you catch as much as I can then empty on to the garden or down the sink

Agreed if you use a pipe cleaner brush no need for bleach and I do the same with collecting plant matter when putting water down the drain

Back