• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Couple of teething problems

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Does anyone get an error message saying can't post this with various reasons why not but when you look the post has been added? Also I get logged out now and again even though I have ticked stay logged in, usually when going between pages.

Ok must be a bug somewhere. What about the errors. When using both my computer and phone when I hit post reply I get a red box saying I couldn't post but when I refresh the posts there.

Session timeout was set to 1 hour so after an hour the cookie was deleted and you would need to login again, I have now set it to 3 days so that should accommodate the more frequent visitors ;) I will set this higher if needed in the future will wait for feedback, this will take affect within a hour of this post when the current sessions will expire and new ones created.

Waiting for the errors reported so that I can see what that one is about, will leave this open until AverageWhiteBloke can confirm these errors. Thanks.

I keep getting logged out when im browsing and then go back to the journals page?
Time-out has been increase from one hour to 3 days.

Sorry for not getting back sooner LD. From what I can remember I was getting logged out during a session son not sure if it is related to time logged in. I think on one of the occasions that there was an error message was when I tried to add tags so maybe I'm not allowed so possibly could be user problem :)
On another vein although it's unrelated to if the board functions. I am a Blackberry user, I have both a phone and playbook which I generally use more often than booting the PC up. There seems to be a conflict between their browsers and the forum. Seems to be in the text input field. On the playbook I can't enter text at all and on the phone when I press spacebar it deletes the previous word. Never came across that before. Like I say though that's probably a BB browser issue and compatibility as oppose the board.

The dreaded Playbook, was given one by work and after a day I gave it back "thanks but no thanks", also goes for the phone they gave me! Your best bet would be to download Tapatalk for Blackberry then you would not have any of the browser issues, works fine on iOS and Android from the testing I have done, actually if you have an iPad you don't even need tapatalk anymore works pretty well.

Tags there is a limit of 10 per post, should work for all users and have seen some members using them already.

The log out issues has been resolved by increasing the time-out from an hour to 3 days, hope that helps!

Thanks mate. I actually don't mind the playbook. For the price it's a decent bit ok kit. Haven't had any logout errors so hopefully you've got that sorted :thumbup: Regarding tags, I have just tried adding some on a posts that only had 2 RCS and shrimp and I get the error The following error occurred:
"Sorry, you do not have the permission to create new tag. Please use existing tags only" again probably me doing something wrong!

Is it only in posts I start or can I edit tags of other posts?
I think it's working for me now. I notice there is no option to edit tags when I view posts started by other users so I guess it was just a freak occurrence.

I think it's working for me now. I notice there is no option to edit tags when I view posts started by other users so I guess it was just a freak occurrence.
Missed this one, you can only edit tags on threads/topics that you started.

Back