• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CovaMoura

_DSC2838-001.jpg

HC between the rocks. (baby shrimp is out of focus)

Is that electrical cable?

Love the rock textures btw. What are they?

Hi James,
is network cable (one wire of 8 that exist inside a regular network cable). (if i took out the plastic the damage will be more).
Is the smaller one i could get that could fix the plant without destroying it's structure.
The rocks are igneous rock 'gabro' i belive.
Very hard to drill almost impossible to break (i manage to break some with a pro driller with very strong hammer).
The bucephalandra above (it's supposed to be Midnight blue) measures 1,5 cm.
cheers

_DSC3042-001.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1397046228][/DOUBLEPOST]Some changes:
- moved Alternanthera Reineckii 'Mini' behind the rocks, just 1cm to plant, very difficult!
- took out Hemianthus Micranthemoides, was just fot the start
- Pogostemon helferi e Anúbia Nana get in
- Ammania sp. "Bonsai" melted almost to the 'bone' but now is finally recovering, difficult to adapt to my tank.
- Bucephalandra Sp. Fake Catherineae e Bucephalandra Sp. Midnight Blue inserted in stones (drilled the stones), but i'm not liking the extra stones in composition...
- Dionaea muscipula | Drosera binata var. binata didn't pop up, i must be doing something wrong :banghead:
- 2 flying stones out (too much stones)
-still missing the boraras (no hurry)
- still some pipe work to do...:rolleyes:
cheers

Last edited:
Notice you used electric cabling to fix to rocks - is there not a danger that copper may leach out of wire and cause problems for shrimps !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Richard,
James O already point that important detail, and you're right it can be an issue.
I believe you've seen the macro pictures above, it's network cable witch is much smaller, the Bucep's must have 1,5 cm.
I've been lucky and my shrimps bread crazy. (fortunately my neons and boraras love to eat baby shrimp) :angelic:
I believe Red's are less sensitive to that kind of water contamination, at least in short/middle time.
I have the idea to cover the ends of cable with glue (super or araldite), because i fell it's the perfect material to grab the plants without hurting them.
Nylon for mosses (which is more elastic) can cut the plant in 2, they a re really small.
Do you have other idea for grabbing the micro plants?
Thanks for the help,
cheers
tiago

Hi,
very small step for me, finally my 'dream' pipes are in my hand!
_DSC3120-001.jpg

The first and third are the aluminium model's (they were tested before in the tank and them removed - thank's for remembering the safety issue).
The darker ones are the stainless steel pipes! :)
Not very easy to buy the right steel here in PT.
cheers,
tiago

epic tank! i like it!

i'm courious about the suspeded rocks! how you hold them? can you show a zoom of that rocks? :D

thanks in advance

cya

Here is the image of the pipes in the tank! :)
_DSC3142-002.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1400275976][/DOUBLEPOST]
epic tank! i like it!

i'm courious about the suspeded rocks! how you hold them? can you show a zoom of that rocks? :D

thanks in advance

cya

Hi there are no secrets, just our imagination!
I drilled the rock and putted one metal clip.
The metal is outside the water 1/2 cm so there's no problem.
If you need to put inside the water use a good stainless steel.
Drill the stone carefully, the smallest driller possible.
Too strong driller (with hammer) will simply break the stone.
I putted the plastic stuff (don't' know the UK name, sorry).
You can use the same system to hang the stones totally inside the water but without touching the glass, but you need a good structure above the tank and strong fishing line!

_DSC3145.jpg
_DSC3148.jpg

cheers,
tiago

Last edited:
Changing some things in the tank:
Plants that went out:
- vallisneria spiralis mini, growing great but still to big for the tank!
- Bucephalandras out for cleaning (some BBA)
- Ophiopogon japonicus out, not a real water plant (but growing fast)
- Cyperus helferi just too long for this tank.

Need some plant for the place of vallisneiras...
Need to rethink all the lightning, the GU10 system is perfect for the big tank but too big for this nano. Difficult to point the light for the right place... (some bba in the stones)

P. Helferi is doing fine! :)
Ammania sp. "Bonsai" melted almost to the 'bone' but now is finally growing!
_DSC3149-002.jpg

Above the water line this plants flowered and now are drying! (sorry for not knowing the name).
At the same time are pooping new smaller ones! o_O
_DSC3154.jpg
_DSC3160.jpg

Mosses continue to do great above the water line! Some other plant appeared outside water line (i believe is HM) on the right of the image!
_DSC3157.jpg

S. Repens is growing fine! Like this plant!
_DSC3164.jpg

This is also doing fine!
_DSC3170.jpg

This small cryptocorny is doing very fine also.
_DSC3173.jpg

Cheers,
tiago

Last edited:
Back