• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CovaMoura

Phase II - plants and water to come.

d0ad.jpg

Attachments

• d0ad.jpg
    d0ad.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 100
Nice

Nicely minimalist. How busy is the planting going to be I wonder.

Are the inlet & outlet store bought or diy? What are the two white objects in the last top corners of the last image, behind the pipe work?

Nicely minimalist. How busy is the planting going to be I wonder.

Are the inlet & outlet store bought or diy? What are the two white objects in the last top corners of the last image, behind the pipe work?

Hi,
i'm waiting for more 2 plants, no worry!
This part is also fun for me.
The inlet&outlet are DIY, no other solution. Very difficult to find stuff for this 'glass' measures.
The 2 ugly (and annoying) things are the sensors for level control.
One of the things that i will change.
cheers,
tiago

Now that's rather nice:angelic:

What are the emersed fern and mosses?

looks great watching this one, wats the lily pipes made from brass piping or something ?

Now that's rather nice:angelic:

What are the emersed fern and mosses?

Hello,
the name i don't know (but i'll get it), but these are regular fern and mosses here in Portugal.
I'll have to take out the fern, it will grow bigger, a lot bigger!
I have 2 or 3 solutions for the fern's.
They were the first to go to the tank (a week ago), they seem to do fine.
cheers

looks great watching this one, wats the lily pipes made from brass piping or something ?

Hi,
the previous pipes were in aluminium (not good for fish and inverts in long term).
I made them for testing the design, place, water flow.
It was very useful, because i had to change the filtering setup to adjust this scenario.
Perfect solution is to make in glass (i'm watching someone to make a replica from my design) but stainless steel can work also. I love the steel color for this tank.
cheers

Hi,
here is the update of the tank.
The plants seem to be responding fine to the light regime.
Filter is just too strong Eheim Eco300 (even with low adjust), the snails are sucked out of the shell!:eek:
Still waiting for anúbia petit and the P. Helferi (this will be the last plants that i will add). Maybe some mosses...o_O
My corydora pygmeu are loving the new setup. Some boraras will make them some company!
Some changes in the 'flying stones' (took some of them out).
Still looking for the right place, right stone and right plant!

_DSC2825+small2.jpg

Four details:
1- Dionaea muscipula (in seed)
2- Drosera binata var. binata (in seed)
3- Bucephalandra Sp. "Midnight Blue II" (very weak but i believe this one will survive)
4- Bucephalandra Sp. "Fake Catherineae" (almost death!)
_DSC2825+small2-num.jpg

Cheers,
tiago

My friend this is looking great! You lighting really brings a feeling of fantasy!! I'm she the bucephalandra will be fine, they seem to be pretty hardy :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Update for today.
Plant growth rate is low.
The plants are doing fine.
Valisneria Spiralis mini going stronger (always dies half when i touch her),
Amania sp. bonsai is melting (and in the other tank also the same...)
B. Fake Catherineae was almost death, but there is a new leave (in 2 weeks or so).
B. Midnight Blue doing good (growing very slowly).
Cryptocoryne (melted a little bit also) is waking up also.
Cheers
_DSC2862-001.jpg

Back