• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

COVID19 and terrible decision making

I am bored sh!tless. I work at the local college and that is shut to most staff. I was fortunate to be classed as a key worker!
Keyworker also and working from home (work for a University), only go in if there is an emergency ;)

I'm (colleagues and staff) on standby awaiting the 'call' and redeployment. We have the lowest incidence for critical care for Covid-19 in UK our area ATM. So remote triage only ATM, so one of us doing remote triage only on 24hr shifts in our 'practice', Have 'buddy' practice in our cluster so between us covering seven days a week to ease pressure on '111', 111 normally take care of the night and weekend triage in our sector.

Calm before the potential storm!!!!

This thread popped up in my emails. Fine over here in newzealand, in our second week of lockdown. no tanks as yet but busy on the 5.7acre lifestyle block tree felling etc. Stay
well all

Keyworker also and working from home (work for a University), only go in if there is an emergency ;)

Thank you for what your doing, it’s amazing to see people like you do what they can to fight the evil in the world for those on the front lines. As a first responder, thank you.

Sorry to hear your troubles in the UK, Italy etc. We haven't had the full brunt of it in Australia. We are less congested compared to you guys though.

Keep strong!

I’m enjoying the silence
I live close to the m6 & m62 junctions so there’s always been a faint roar as a background noise which has now stopped
Never noticed before how loudly some bird songs are
My sky is usually full of planes from Manchester and Liverpool and I can’t remember the last time I saw one

There must be a rise in the air quality now ?

So there are some positives to think about

It’s a bloody shame that it takes people dying to make this things come to our attention

I always say the world is too small now and that was clearly shown by how fast the virus spread

Stay safe everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is scary is going shopping... :nailbiting: Wherever you look it's virtually empty even in a park i can count all people on 1 hand. But in the supermarket? Some have a bouncer now at the door and a 1 out 1 in policy and you need to stand in line 1,5 metre apart to wait for your turn. Shopping carts disinfected. Once inside you still can't help bumping into people sometimes. It still is packed as an ant nest. You see the fear in peoples eyes, gloves and facemasks, some people franticly leap 3 metres back if someone comes to close. From audio speakers in the shop, you are constantly bombarded with Corona and social distancing Messages, keep distance!? Think about your neighbour!? Be Safe!? 1,5 metres, please!? Please Pay with PIN!?.. "Wir schaffen Das!!!!!" It's like walking through a concentration camp i'm kinda missing the Corona batches sewn to peoples chest...

It's madness, the people are driven completely crazy like this... Where will this end if this needs to go on for over a year?

I guess now we all know what the saying "When the sh|t hits the fan" implies... :rolleyes:

The new normal is coming they say... Completely bonkers is coming instead...

Hi all,
What is scary is going shopping.........But in the supermarket? Some have a bouncer now at the door and a 1 out 1 in policy and you need to stand in line 1,5 metre apart to wait for your turn. Shopping carts disinfected. Once inside you still can't help bumping into people sometimes.
Same for me.

cheers Darrel

We have not been to a shop for over one month now, only home deliveries and everything is then washed down before storage as recommended by our independent government in Guernsey.
Every day we go for a 4-5 mile walk within the two hour period allowed .
To be honest we are a hell of a lot better off than many other people due to our large garden that gives us something to do every day.
However we live in a densely populated island with limited hospital facilities.
Already 7 have died in our island.

Sweden is a worry because they are allowing their citizens to do the right thing. I hope they do. My guess is that they will pay dearly.

With very heavy restrictions and fines we've got it under control in Australia. Still we have plenty of #covidiots running around.

plenty of #covidiots running around.

Nice new term Covidiot, not sure if it will sink in and work... If this goes on long enough even more covidiots will be created, rise and stand up and in the end revolt... After all, we too are animals living by Mother Natures Darwinistic rule "Survival of the fittest."

The true covidiots are sitting at the top in penthouses smoking cigars and drinking expensive wine in expensive suits trying to put most of the responsibility with the public.

Meanwhile, they are responsible for shrinking and privatizing and making a business model out of public healthcare. See the consequences.

Meanwhile, the restaurant owner etc. responsible for 15 employees is closed down, but the suit at the top still wants to collect the monthly mortgage or rent. Simply and scrupulously telling the restaurant owner "Deal with it or go bankrupt! But i want my cash!..." The restaurant owner is forced to look at the politicians for help who again are paid by the suits at the top. Don't bite the hand that feeds you!?

Sweden is a worry because they are allowing their citizens to do the right thing. I hope they do. My guess is that they will pay dearly.

Or will they :eek: 'A call to honesty in pandemic modeling' well worth a read IMO. After all theres 'Lies,dammed lies and Statistics', Is the Cure worse than the disease and serious unintended consequences of Covid-19. Until the dust has settled and all the data is in nobody knows what the right path to take is, 'Hindsight is always perfect !'

The answer might be very simple... It learns us, there is no cure, the exact same scenario can and will happen again, it's not an if but a when.

Now we are dealing with it rather totally unprepared, there is only one lesson to be learned and one probable and likely best solution. And that is put all resources in a better healthcare construction... Make it larger and easier accessible and cheaper.. As numbers say, most people in the risk group are weakened and susceptible due to poverty or decadency. In the poverty regions, the elderly are cared for at home in rather large family settings. In the decadency regions, the elderly are tugged away out of sight in under-equipped institutions. Rather to forget about then to care for.

All based upon business models to get the most bang for the buck... But the most bang falls into the wrong pockets and disappears.

If this is not drastically going to change in the future we can kiss public places to indulge life and amusement bye-bye...

For now, if I listen to the politician's debates, it sounds more like they rather are steering towards the Bye-Bye Kiss.. The New Normal...
Put the most resources in keeping public apart... The most bang for your buck, for pockets already bursting at the seams...

:)

Last edited:
In my area there seems to be a lot of compassion and understanding, I dare to say there are profiteers making money but most people are trying to deal with the facts and being helpful.

Everywhere you look you can find individual opinions and that adds up to millions and millions of different avenues of thought and so much speculation!!

I can’t see how anyone can accurately predict the overall outcome, this a developing world wide affair, effecting every single person in one way or another.
Personally I would rather concentrate on a positive future and not be drawn into hearsay.

However it is hard to imagine cinemas or indoor concerts and such like ever making it back without radical changes .
There might be development in masks and gloves or long lasting hand barrier creams, home testing and other helpful methods to control this and other viruses.

Here in my own home town, two business have got together to produce a hand sanitiser.
One company deals with seaweed products and the other is a Gin distillery, together they are now producing 200 litres of effective hand sanitiser every week at cost price and distributing it to all care workers.
Hopefully they will be able to develop this product and production rate so we can all use it.
https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/03/31/hand-sanitiser-being-made-with-seaweed-from-our-shores/

Personally I would rather concentrate on a positive future and not be drawn into hearsay.

100% agree.. :) I'm not trying to be too negative... Maybe more like realistic...

In my area there seems to be a lot of compassion and understanding,
I also notice very little people on the street, but about everybody passing by is keeping a distance but friendly saying Hello. Even people i've never noticed in my life before. It's as if now i have to watch you then rather do it in a friendly way. It's nice and strange at same time..

However it is hard to imagine cinemas or indoor concerts and such like ever making it back without radical changes .
There might be development in masks and gloves or long lasting hand barrier creams, home testing and other helpful methods to control this and other viruses.

In a way, i can't imagine this... This would be something like a Psychological Pandemic based upon fear and mistrust. I'm an old-timer and not really in drastic need anymore. But how are the youngsters going to meet up and find a future partner? Wearing a disinfecting Burka Nikab on the dance floor? Who wants to live in a world where everybody poops their pants when somebody next to them sneezes or coughs? I can not see this as a future happy nor positive reality.

As what i understand is going on is and that's not hearsay, not Corona as a virus is our particular problem... It's our healthcare seems to be massively overpowered and shaking at its unhealthy foundations. I absolutely don't see it as a negative to learn our lesson from this and rebuild our healthcare system. :)

Until the dust has settled and all the data is in nobody knows what the right path to take is, 'Hindsight is always perfect !'
That's a good approach for everything except pandemic and asteroid strike. You use the data you have available and model the future best you can. Corona is not a new virus. We've got plenty of data from previous experience and alot of new data is streaming in.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(20)30086-4/fulltext

I wasn't using the term covidiot jokingly. There is no way an average person will understand pandemic let alone any other health issue deeply. Sweden is so brave to assume that people understand.

We have some positive news to report...

Van Der Valk Hotels, countries biggest and richest hotel concern obviously also closed down. And since they "Nobly" made one hotel complex in our region available as Medical Corona Centre with 240 beds available..

Yesterday in the news, since the local hospitals see a decline in new patients taken up and the plan is to close the hotels' Corona Centre down again. There are only 25 beds occupied and the personnel costs but above all the "ROOM RENT!" is too high... :confused:

ROOM RENT! Can you believe this?? They struck a deal with the government and make money to turn an otherwise closed hotel complex into a Corona Centre. How Noble is that?? :rolleyes:

From audio speakers in the shop, you are constantly bombarded with Corona and social distancing Messages, keep distance!?

In the supermarket I felt like in a science fiction movie..."The future is futile" :p

The answer might be very simple... It learns us, there is no cure, the exact same scenario can and will happen again, it's not an if but a when.

Of course, considering how advanced we are in technology, we are yet to find a cure against any viral diseases......And we still treat the head, the organs, the limbs, etc...as separate entities, as if they're not all part of the same body. The brainiest brains can't figure out how this virus affects the entire body and why it affects different bodies differently....

Back