• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

COVID19 and terrible decision making

Well actually, one of the only drugs used to treat pneumonia, is one of the ones that I use to treat fish. Naughty Simon.

Last edited:
'Keeping Safe' and only going out for essential food infrequently, plus going out is essential to support my 'staff' as we are a 'primary health workers'. I'm 'Covid-19 lead' so been quite busy in last few days! 'Mainly remotely'

Sitting and working in my garden... I can't help notice and actually enjoying the silence, very little people walking and very little cars driving by, no planes in the sky, no noise of trains in the distance... Only singing birds and buzzing bees almost able to hear the grass grow...

Something i have never experienced before in my entire life without traveling to about the other end of the world. Can't help it but kinda like it..

I’ve also been working from home and from the garden quite a bit. My 9 month old needs a couple of naps a day and I have to go outside to take all the calls and joint teams meetings etc. It’s been colder the last couple of days but it’s still better than being stuck in the office!!

Have also been able to go for lunchtime walks which has been amazing and have been saving 2 hours a day of being in the car too!!

How is everyone keeping in isolation???

I need to isolate myself from our house tomorrow because my mother is caring for my grandmother who is vulnerable, and my mother is coming back.
I've got to get my father looking 9 tanks and multiple cultures, so I may need to close certain tanks down until my mother arrives. She will have to look after them for about three months until social services are in a position to care for my grandmother (hopefully). Then I'll be in a better position. It's a kick in the teeth because I've got my hands on some rare ADA plants and I've got a very nice collection going, which I was hoping to share out eventually.

We are all moving into the unknown, it is so difficult to imagine where we will all be or what we will be doing in six months or a year.
Certainly a changing world.
Indeed, fear life will never be the same again or at least for quite some time, no idea if will have a job in the near future, where I am going to be, and whom I am going to loose, this is some crazy world, we knew this was a possibility but no one would have thought it would turn reality into such a scale!! The people that could have stopped this early failed all of us....

How is everyone keeping in isolation??? Here in the second week WFH :) so far so good!!
Bored, bored and bored some more. I'm in student accommodation, all other flatmates have gone back home so.im.left here on my own. I cant/wont go back to family home because I work at an aquarium which is still open as pet shops are on the list. Unfortunately some people aren't understanding that browsing for some guppies is.not essential travel, so I dont want to risk passing anything to my family.

On the plus side I have my fish here !

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What ever the out come there's a lot of lessons to be learnt, then we will hopefully be ready if/when the next comes. If SARS would have spread like Covid 19 has then that would of been a lot worse then Covid 19 and MERS I dont even wont to think about as that was another order of magnitude all together for death rate .

One useful link I use the follow the pandemic/population globally is - WorldoMeter

Office of National Statistics for the UK is handy too as it puts it a little more into perceptive IMO

How is everyone keeping in isolation??? Here in the second week WFH :) so far so good!!

I’m doing good. Eating a bit too much but I’m trying to keep busy. I’ve ordered lots of stuff online to set up a new 60L cube. Just hoping all the bits I need arrive.

Got hold of a 3D printer yesterday and it's now in my spare room:

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 12.55.27 (2).jpeg

Printing these frames to make face shields for NHS frontline staff dealing with covid-19 patients:

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 12.55.27.jpeg

Now printing 18 at a time :

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 12.57.19.jpeg

These will then be assembled in Sheffield to make the full mask:

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-04 at 21.03.23.jpeg

Stay home and stay safe everyone!! :)

Back