• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crackling solenoid...fault?

Could just be the spring inside the solenoid have you had it apart and given it a clean just undo the 2 screws in the metal plate pullit apart slowly give it all a good rud down give the spring a pull to lenth it back out screw back together in order you took it apart think there is only 2 0r 3 bits inside it
It's worth a go

Could just be the spring inside the solenoid have you had it apart and given it a clean just undo the 2 screws in the metal plate pullit apart slowly give it all a good rud down give the spring a pull to lenth it back out screw back together in order you took it apart think there is only 2 0r 3 bits inside it
It's worth a go

Jay to the rescue!

Thought they were sealed units! Will strip it down tomorrow and have a play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate not sealed at all unscrew the black.bolt under the solenoid will come away from the reg then as I said above the 2 screws in the metal connector plate I have a reg and solenoid just like yours the solenoid wadjt closing properly wiped it off had a play and just clenched the spring a little and it worked bot had one crackle before but it's not going to hurt having a look is it

No mate not sealed at all unscrew the black.bolt under the solenoid will come away from the reg then as I said above the 2 screws in the metal connector plate I have a reg and solenoid just like yours the solenoid wadjt closing properly wiped it off had a play and just clenched the spring a little and it worked bot had one crackle before but it's not going to hurt having a look is it

Had it to bits, gave everything a good clean, pulled the spring to give it more tension,

Put it back together... it’s better... still not 100% (crackles now and again)

cf2460c264ad35f39fead022d462d0bf.png

eb7fc0979c9e6270e63fcec2a7fff454.png

I can’t see how the push rod and spring are cause the issue, it’s two mechanical parts...

So am I safe to assume it’s the solenoid itself, and if that’s the case does anyone know if I buy the above will it just attach to my exhausting reg?

I’ve emailed co2 art but you lot will probably be quicker to reply!

Thanks!

Picture of the current reg

12f7116571025291d0a72b512e46fd51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using a pH controller to switch the solenoid? It sounds like its erratically switching on/off.

Ph controller can cause this with fluctuating in between 0.1 pH threshold caused again by electronic interference.

Or check if the timer switch is faulty before trashing the solenoid. :)

Other cause could be bad wiring, loose or corroded connectors.

Last edited:
The electrical connections inside the plug sometimes come loose or if they're soldered, a dry joint. The plugs with care can be taken apart to check, remember to unplug the PSU from the mains.
Also possible that the PSU could be on it's way out, if you have a volt meter you can see if it's giving a steady supply.

Back