• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crepidomanes care

akwarium

Hello all,

Today I received a portion Crepidomanes sp Vietnam 3. I tried the search function but not much came up regarding long term care of Crepidomanes species. So if you have some experience or tips about these ferns, I would highly appreciate it!

2020-02-12_16-34-29_387.jpg 2020-02-12_16-34-29_687.jpg

This is one of most easiest plants I’ve ever been growing. It requires only cool water from 22 to 26oC. This plant can grow well in low tech tank but slightly slower than co2 injected environment.

Like other epiphytic plants you can grow them either tying or gluing on wood or rock. I do recommend you grow it on rock, as I am seeing better growth and spreading than on wood.

It also does not require special dosing. Regular dosing of macro and micro is enough.

It’s fern so you can cut it into smaller portions, and grow new plants from there.

Last edited:
Ah I just forgot to mention it does not like strong water flow. Grow it where it has slow or moderate water flow. This will help the fern spreading and prevent BBA

Back