• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

critique needed on my tank!

aaronnorth

Hi all, i need some advice on my tank, what do you think lets it down and what are the good points about it. I am not sure about the riccia on the right, although i feel as though it will look bare if i take it away. Should i perhaps move it more to the left rather than spread it along the back of the tank? I need your advice!

Thanks, Aaron

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

I personally think this could be turned into a nice lil Iwagumi if you added a foreground of hc instead of the sand foreground.

Have a path, going from the downoi nearest the right hand side to the right hand corner.

Maybe try netting the riccia to some smooth rounded stones to make nice undulations? I like the first option with the path by the way :)

I also think the larger rock on the right needs some work. It seems to mirror the one on the left.

SteveUK said:
Maybe try netting the riccia to some smooth rounded stones to make nice undulations? I like the first option with the path by the way :)

I also think the larger rock on the right needs some work. It seems to mirror the one on the left.

i hear you, amano does it a lot and it produces a nice effect. :)

I'm after Acicularis for one of my tanks. I usually buy it from garden centres. Normally you can get a 2" x 2" pot for around £3.50! There is enough to do a 4ft easily, if you seperate it out into plantlets (takes time and patience though!)

the HC arrived today (thanks Mark) i never realised how small the leaves were!!! I knew they were smaller than glosso but i never knew they were that small. It took me 2 hours to plant it all (ouch, my back & neck :( ) it looks good though and i think it will compliment the scape well. He also sent me some E.Tennulus which i positioned behind the microsorum pteropus narrow. Excuse the pics, i really couldnt be bothered lol

P1010061.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010063.jpg

comments & critique welcome :)

aaronnorth said:
do you think i should get some blyxa japonica for behind the 'narrow' instead of the e.tennulus as it grows taller. Not sure how it would look?

My two cents... stick with the teneluus for a while and see how it looks once grown in.

Back