• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique needed please!

Re: Critique needed please!efinateut that

You've got it in one! Looks really different, but as said different is good and it has that special something for me. Definatelygets the thumbs up from me.

I don't see a big problem with the wood facing the way it does, it could work but that doesn't mean to say it MIGHT look better if you changed the direction of the left piece to face to the left instead of the right.

its a step in the right direction wayne. the use of dragon stone sure gives a different feel to the layout. much better IMO

IMO the opposing branches could work. amano has done it so many times to good effect. there is tension in the layout but that can be softened with grasses maybe?...aciciualris?

theres no right or wrong ;)

its nice, but to me, it looks a little bit to 'placed', none of the decor is touching, not very natural imo, but it could look nice once the spaces fill out with a nice carpet.

Thanks for all your comments so far, I've done another layout but without stones this time though ;)
I must say thare was no thinking with this one , just going with the flow :lol:

006-8.jpg

010-8.jpg

011-7.jpg

Cheers Wayney,

quote="Goodygumdrops"]Nice,similar in a way to this:
viewtopic.php?t=3583
but that may not be such a bad thing as that tank is a cracker.I still liked the last one though.Whatever one you do though I'm sure will be great,as you seem to be creative and eager.[/quote]

Thankyou for your kind comments, If I could emulate that tank I would be extremely pleased because the guy who created that tank is simply a Genius! I intend to use some stems though such as Rotala walachii (spelling) :lol: and Ludwigia arcuata and possibly star grass.

Thanks for your comments

Wayne,

Thomas McMillan said:
Nowhere near as good as the other one :D

Thankyou for your straight up views , I liked it but there was something that was bugging me from the off!
Next pic will win the next AGA comp easiy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Wayne,

Wayney said:

bring it on brother :lol:
i find when arranging hard scape, you can look at it too much and become hysterical about whether its right or wrong :wideyed:

saintly said:
Wayney said:

bring it on brother :lol:
i find when arranging hard scape, you can look at it too much and become hysterical about whether its right or wrong :wideyed:

Hysterical is the understatement of the century :lol: :lol: :lol: , I'm feeling cuckoo for coco puffs right now :lol: :lol:
Seriously though I feel I'm getting there slowly.........really slowly :p

That's so true about the hardscape and becoming hysterical. I find if you just throw something together, without having much of an idea then it works, whereas if you plan it too vigorously then it doesn't turn out as good. Also, if you look at it too much then you end up not liking it so if you think it's good, keep it and don't look at it anymore! :lol:

Well....after what seems like an eternity I'm finally ordering my plants tomorrow from my lfs :D :D So hopefully i'll be starting a journal soon :?

Plants will be -:-
8 pots Bacopa monnieri
4 pots Crypt undulata
4 pots Eleocharis 'sp'
3 pots Glossostigma elatinoides
3 pots Ludwigia arcuata
3 pots Microsorium 'narrow' sp
8 pots Rotala red

Regards Wayne,

Wayney said:
Well....after what seems like an eternity I'm finally ordering my plants tomorrow from my lfs :D :D So hopefully i'll be starting a journal soon :?

Plants will be -:-
8 pots Bacopa monnieri
4 pots Crypt undulata
4 pots Eleocharis 'sp'
3 pots Glossostigma elatinoides
3 pots Ludwigia arcuata
3 pots Microsorium 'narrow' sp
8 pots Rotala red

Regards Wayne,

i'm liking the amounts.

All being well I should be picking up my plants tomorrow but as always there's been a glitch as they cant get my bacopa and rotala :twisted: ahhh well....... They've got everything else so it's not a total disaster.

PEACE OUT YA'LLL :D

Back