• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique pls

chris521957

8F84EFFB-2DD2-45D4-9582-C06A1F48D37B.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B997E51-03C5-4E12-AC43-03257F783E60.jpeg
    4B997E51-03C5-4E12-AC43-03257F783E60.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 238
Chris
Excellent rocks and DW.

I can see several points that could be improved the tall rock back LH corner too low it would look a lot better if about 1/3rd to 1/2 its height was increased.

The pathway is cutting your aquascape into two sections plus it's too central.
Here are a few ideas you could consider.
Chris%20rocky%20scape%201%2017.7.19%20_edited-3.jpg

1 The rocks LH side I would space them out so they close the pathway up
2 The rocks 1-3 reverse to 3 being the front rock. This should give you a good focal point.
3 Rock 4 and the rock in front if it move towards the right at least 1/2 its width.

Once this is done the LH side should be very close to finished. The RH side will require more attention to finish the rock placement off.

Keith:wave::wave:

I can see that this would look better. Unfortunately the rock on the left is the largest I have and I wouldn't trust it to be stable if I raised it any more. I will be trying out your ideas this weekend when I have the time and will post another pic once it is done. Thankyou for your input, much appreciated.

Chris

Chris%2021.7.19%20%201%20Rocky%20Scape%20_edited-1.jpg

That is a massive improvement. My concern at the moment is the DW No1 I would position it behind the tall rock at the moment it's hiding the full character of you tall back rock. The No 2 I would remove it for the moment as it's also hiding the rock features.
The back rock RH corner I would consider lifting it about 5cm by adding a little substrate to that corner.

Chris
LH corner looking good now. The DW No2 I would remove it completely for some reason (possibly it's thickness) it has become very dominate.

Did you try the DW behind the LH rock to give it that little extra height in that corner.

Well done

I’d keep playing at the driftwood
I really like the LS driftwood in post #8, it emphasizes the rock flow whereas this LS wood seems to argue with it :)

Note you can cut the wood (and glue it back together in same or new formations)

Just watched the video. I tried gluing moss to wood a few years ago and it left white marks, why didn't I think about sprinkling some brown substrate over it. Funny how the obvious sometimes eludes us. Also, I never thought about cutting and gluing.

DBFA5280-7E61-45C3-8A9D-434C3086283B.jpeg
Wood out and soaking now. I will be trying different configs when it sinks, but just for now what do you think of the rockwork.

Chris

Here are a few simple moves I would like you to consider.
Adjust the pathway so it has more shape tapers off to give you a vanishing point.
I have numbered the rocks No1 move it towards the back.
Take 2 and 3 out for the moment and see how it looks. A more suitable location would be at the back near the pathway but at the moment where??
Remember only you will be able to see if it all works out. It might look totally different when the DW is added
fWl1JjFDPVSUQOzLKx2xQlIl4XbnLpEgAD10yE-3YbZAbzLpcw.jpg

Here is nature at its best note no DW.

Chris%20rocky%20scape%201%20%2029.7.19%20_edited-1.jpg

I like the rocks as they are.. I would use less wood and keep it to the back leaving a gap in the centre..

Do you have a plan for plants.. If so have you left space for them.

8442391B-80A3-4C42-A062-3D566FCE5E47.jpeg
Bit more of a play. At the front left i will be having a moss carpet. Got loads of lush green moss in the garden that was removed from a drystone wall in the countryside. Aiming to get this done in the next 2 weeks. I will also be putting some moss on the wood and small bits on the stone.

Back