• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Critique required

AdamS

Seedling
Hi all I’m new to the forum

First time aquascaping

Please could you give me your thoughts on my layout before I go for the plants

Thanks

Attachments

• BF2697B7-C429-4EE5-AF6E-B14F036B3AD4.jpeg
    BF2697B7-C429-4EE5-AF6E-B14F036B3AD4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 367
  • AC3EC520-CF65-47AF-AA68-6B27B9D83A32.jpeg
    AC3EC520-CF65-47AF-AA68-6B27B9D83A32.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 243
Hi Adam,
I think your idea is good, if at all possible I would try to get one or two more larger stones to give extra height and weight to the hardscape. Extra substrate can help with this also by banking it higher, however then you can have additional considerations like slippage which need addressing. Perhaps also try to move some of the stones closer to one another almost like small clusters to offer a slightly more natural appearance. I appreciate the look you are going for is an ordered highly shaped form, but a few of the stones nearer and further from each other will make for better transition whilst still maintaining the structured frame. You could also offer a bit of tension to the scape by positioning some stones in the opposite direction to the main flow, especially at the left hand side perhaps.
The one main point to remember however is that it is your aquascape and if you are happy with the way it looks then that is all that matters as you will be sat enjoying it :D
Look forward to the planting :thumbup:

Adam

The one main point to remember however is that it is your aquascape and if you are happy with the way it looks then that is all that matters as you will be sat enjoying it

I reply with this very often myself

ada-sansuiiwagumi-jpg.jpg

Compare this very interesting rocky Aquascape that Barbara posted for you.
Then there are these very interesting Rocky Aquascapes
d2b3a3a433ba04693890a84478b4e679.png

0wbRLZJY33InKejwvl6aZIBvoe717Ajl-qmhhrHRWpk2C2pHBQ.jpg

SaWLBRIYzfl3ymoFR4LH5QTfmMhY_cdfetrnKdlnRgis2kKVlG.jpg

First time aquascaping
Please could you give me your thoughts on my layout
First welcome to the world of Aquascaping

Without saying too much I am positive you will see the massive difference in all those Aquascapes.

Next its your choice do I leave every thing as it is or be prepared to start again using a mock tank and create an excellent Aquascape that you can proudly say I did that.

Keith:wave::wave:

Back