• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CRS baby! Now with pic of babies & my advance filter! lol

Finally after waiting for more than 6 weeks, my CRS decided to drop it's first batch of babies! Found 20 baby shrimp so far. 2 more pregnant shrimp awaiting delivery. Am I the only one that sit next to my tank to play hunt the baby game? lol

Will post some picture soon when I can find my bloody camera battery charger!

Re: CRS baby!!!

congratulations, are you considering selling any of them?

Would like to grow them on for now to see what grade they are. I will be selling them later on as I will be leaving for singapore in november so I will be selling all my shrimps :) All my sakuras and my CRs will need to go then :( Thank god I can get more shrimp in singapore again. :)

Will the shrimps in Singapore be cheaper? and will they last the flight home?

Congrats.. it is good feeling I know. I was observing my 1st CRS giving birth yesterday, it took her almost 24 hours :) It is funny how they pop out fast. Another 2 giving in few days. Now just hope they survive. I bough Chi Ebi as it should improve survival rates.

Well so far it's been 5 days and it's growing well. I haven't used any shrimp products besides having plants, mineral rock and amazonia soil. Shrimp in Singapore is way cheaper but I probably won't be coming back to the UK and will most likely be settling down there. In the very unlikely event that I'm coming back, it will be at least a few years down the line as I'm bound to a contract of 4 years. :)

i've got my first 5 x S grade and above a while back and they are great wee shrimp. not put enough thought into the stocking levels and water params to get them breeding.

Am in singapore now! dont you worry its so cheap it hurts when i buy from london. only thing is there is so many no one buys back lol

Kev, can I ask what are you doing in Singapore? :) I'm just interested in breeding these shrimp as a challenge. And on top of it it's nice to see an army of high grade CRS going after it's food. I want shrimp like those from ASSA.

I have family here and business links, so usually back once a year but due to some circumstances i've been back 3 x this year! so stocking up on personal aquatic stock and for re-sale. I too want to try breeding CRS however just to start a colony can be pretty expensive let alone the upkeep of the waters, food, special food for coloring etc... So just had some rare endlers give birth well see how they get on in terms of color and food that i will feed them and see how that goes. Just saw some King Kong Shimps and golden bee shrimps. Apparently such a high grade they havent put a price on it yet.

CRS are quite sensitive. So far I have yet to successfully keep them in a high tech fully planted tank with CO2. I think the pH variation in my tank is killing all those that went in there. On the other hand, I have a tank specially setup for breeding CRS that has been quite successful with it. I don't even dare to change more than 20% water at a time just in case it kills off the baby. I tend to leave this tank untouch and overgrown with hair algae. Water change once a month!

daniel19831123 said:
CRS are quite sensitive. So far I have yet to successfully keep them in a high tech fully planted tank with CO2. I think the pH variation in my tank is killing all those that went in there. On the other hand, I have a tank specially setup for breeding CRS that has been quite successful with it. I don't even dare to change more than 20% water at a time just in case it kills off the baby. I tend to leave this tank untouch and overgrown with hair algae. Water change once a month!

Yes i agree that water prams are the number1 most important to breeding CRS. PH KH and Oxygen is very important. I hear air pump filters are used for breeding... :S

I'm using modified tetra tex 1200 with a sponge block at the intake pipe and that seemed to work alright. However, saying that I haven't clean the filter for 6 month! So I won't know if there is any baby shrimp in the filter itself. lol

Let us know if you have and CRS babies in the filter! My LFS always has CRS in their filter which makes them look out of stock. lol How they get in he does not know as he can hardly open the internal filter himself.!

Well I think they would stay well out of the filter as the newly hatch shrimplings looks much bigger than the pore of the fine pore sponge that I have on my inlet.

counted 30 babies today and there is still 3 pregnant! I think I'm doing something right. lol

Little shrimpies
IMG_1850.jpg

AS small as a grain of Amazonia
IMG_1849.jpg

Another pic
IMG_1846.jpg

My state of art filter lol
IMG_1843.jpg

Plants going through transition anubias bonsai
IMG_1841.jpg

Another pot of anubias bonsai
IMG_1839.jpg

Dwarf hairgrass sp. Japan aka eleocharis belem
IMG_1838.jpg

Another pot of the hair grass. Anyone interested?
IMG_1837.jpg

A filter wool stuffed with cuttings of staurogyne stuck in the corner of a tank while waiting for vacancy on the growing pots
IMG_1835.jpg

Massive pots of echinodorus quadricostatus ready for sale. Anyone?
IMG_1833.jpg

Another HC pot ready for sale
IMG_1832.jpg

Back