• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypt id

mr. luke

Any ideas?
628b863193052a4ad80d0c5f1cc2405f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I also have usteriana/ aponogetifolia in the same tank and it's very different.

Boh that's a big one, realy would love to know what it is as well. There are quite some crypts around.. Look in the flowgrow.de database :) If it's anywhere it probably is there.. :thumbup:

You may have the green type of C. usteriana. I have it too, and it look quite similar. A nice and relatively easy plant, very willing to spread.
If it is the one, its full name is Cryptocoryne usteriana var. bogner.
You will have to ID it from flower, though, to be certain for Cryptocoryne (and all other flowering plants).
PS - don't mix up usteriana and aponogetifolia.......they are two different species, though having been considered one species in the past.
If you have true C. aponogetifolia, it will have much more "hammered" leafplate and a more transparent, green colour.
The two other types of C. usteriana will both have burgundy-red underside of leafplate, but look pretty much like this one.

Last edited:
Thanks Mick,
I know they are 2 different species but as I wasn't sure which I have it was the safer option to list both

Back