• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypt id

Joseph Rock

Hi guys,

Hoping you can help id 3 crypt species I've got growing in the tank. First one on left is maybe 8 inches tall, dark green top leaves with a kinda brown/purple tinted underneath. Second one, in middle is maybe 12 inches tall, olive ish green top with a slightly lighter underneath. Right hand side is about 7 inches, much lighter green leaf with similar colour on underneath as on top. Want to know what they are so I can buy some more for next tank - and then make sure I get the bigger ones planted in the back this time!
20190609_214903.jpg
20190609_214909.jpg
20190609_214915.jpg
20190609_214917.jpg

Options are (as these are the ones I bought a while ago!)

Wendtii green
Becketii petchii
Becketii
Lutea
Willisii

My initial thoughts are the right hand lighter green one is wendtii green, middle is becketii and left becketii petchii?

Defenitely no C. Willissii on the pic....... so that is excluded.
Right plant is some form of C. Wendtii 'green' (there are several) for sure.
Left plant look a bit skinny - but is C. beckettii 'petchi'.
Middle plant is the C. beckettii (species).
The 'lutea' is a variation of C. walkerii, as is 'legroi'. Cryptocorynes will look a bit different, growing in different tanks, but I have never seen any of those two look like the middle plant.
- SO, your initial thoughts are most likely correct.

Back