• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypt melt?

Spider Pig

Are these brown leaves a sign of crypt melt and if so should I remove the leaves? These are crypt wendtii green and I got them from greenline about 7 weeks ago. Seemed ok for the first couple of week then gradually turned brown and got loads of GSA on them. Think I’m on top of the GSA problem now but unsure whether to just watch these or remove the leaves. There are new leaves growing at the bases of the plants so I assume they aren’t dead.

Also should I remove the leaves covered in GSA. I’d hoped that the ottos would slowly clear it all, but it doesn’t seem to be happening.

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

Any help/ advice appreciated

Thanks

No, crypt melt is characterized by disintegrating leaves and the leaf disappears within hours or days.

Any algae infected leaf should be mercilessly removed as the algae produces more spores.

That looks more like Wendetii Brown though so maybe it's just misidentified, or maybe a sprig of Brown got in there with the Green.

Cheers,

I was wondering that as the leaves do look otherwise healthy, but as I ordered 25 plants I didn't think they'd all be incorrect. They also all started off green. Never mind, quite like the brown look, but it does change the colour scheme I was hoping for. Will get pruning. Thanks for the help.

Back