• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cryptocoryne ID

SRP3006

Hi all, could anybody help my ID this crypt? I'd like to buy more however bought quite a few at the same time and can't remember which one it is. It's very low growing and spreading quite well .
No pro camera so only have a phone pic.

Thanks.
6b21ec0684a0ad117b77ca1a5bad504b.jpg

Hard to get a sense of scale but would guess it's one of these willisii/nevellii/lucens, someone else will have a bit better of an eye for it than me though

I have,
Nevellii
Amicorum
Bullosa
Walkeri
Becketti.
Of which I believe it's one of the top 2.

Looks like Cryptocoryne parva to me

Here a pic of mine
Which source?

As Kalum says, I’ve never seen C parva at that height (except occasionally as emerged growth) ... mine stays closer to 5cm

C.Albida? :)
But quite a few come close if you search for Narrow leaved Cryptocoryne.

Should be one of those 5, from Aquarium gardens so I'm sure they were labelled correctly.

I just want to order some more low growing crypts to be honest. If i can't ID this one then I might go lucens or parva.

Which source?

As Kalum says, I’ve never seen C parva at that height (except occasionally as emerged growth) ... mine stays closer to 5cm

Will check e-mails tonight for the Source - did think it was quite tall myself :eek::oops: it has been in the tank for over two years

I have the same looking plant as you and it was called nevellii it was from aquaflora. I search with the supplier and they name them
Cryptocoryne X Willisii 'nevellii'.

Edit: I see they sell an other one that is called Cryptocoryne X Willisii 'lucens". so there seems more versions of the plant this one has shorter and broader leaves.

Last edited:
Crypts seem to be a very diverse group; I reckon that a lot of retailers and growers aren't completely sure exactly what species they're selling these days...

Your picture show Cryptocoryne nevellii from your list.......... but it is incorrect named. The correct name is Cryptocoryne willissii
Ok I'm putting through another little order through AG and I'm trying to buy the same plant, however they sell both Nevellii and willissii.

Which one is the same as what I have? If they have been incorrectly labelled as Nevellii does that mean they are effectively the same plant?

Hi all,
Which one is the same as what I have? If they have been incorrectly labelled as Nevillii does that mean they are effectively the same plant?
You need @Mick.Dk for the definitive version, but I've been told that Cryptocoryne nevillii has never been in cultivation, all the plants with that name are actually C. x willisii.

I think that Cryptocoryne "Lucens" is also a form of C. x willisii.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, You need @Mick.Dk for the definitive version, but I've been told that Cryptocoryne nevillii has never been in cultivation, all the plants with that name are actually C. x willisii.

I think that Cryptocoryne "Lucens" is also a form of C. x willisii.

cheers Darrel
Thanks Darrel,
Mick.Dk has given a version however my problem is that AG sell Nevillii, Lucens and Willisii. I too have read the same about nevillii and the description on tropica website says that willisii has been incorrectly named nevillii, however if that's the case what plant am I buying.
I think I will go with willisii as that seems to what I'm after, but this has gotten me curious.

I have the same looking plant as you and it was called nevellii it was from aquaflora. I search with the supplier and they name them
Cryptocoryne X Willisii 'nevellii'.

Edit: I see they sell an other one that is called Cryptocoryne X Willisii 'lucens". so there seems more versions of the plant this one has shorter and broader leaves.

Now this makes sense, so just different variations under the willisii name.

Which source?

Well I got Cryptocoryne Parva x3 from Aquarium gardens

Also got Cryptocoryne wendtii x2 from Aqua Essentails but minein pmy pic isnt Wendtii

Seached out the labels - as always found the one I was after last :rolleyes:
upload_2019-9-30_19-17-17.png

Back