• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypts deformed ?

arty

Hello profs :)

Some one know what's deficiency or excess when crypts leafs deformed ?
Sorry , no photos at this time.
I tried different fertilizsing ways in past year and when start dosing KNO3 leafs go down , curling e.g.
When i stop dosing KNO3 everything ok, when dosing all other micros or macros- potasium K2so4, phosphorus everything ok, only don't like KNO3, why i don't know. Maybe fake kno3 ? Last time i dosing James pmdd+P recipe and same, without Kno3 crypts looks better. Response very fast, practicaly within 1 day, KNo3 - leafs down in a day or two, next day no kno3 leafs slowly recover.
I have also good fish load, maybe that problem cause ?
Other plants look ok, my tap almost 0 on nitrates and with my fertilising regime never had nitrates over 10-20ppm.
I have nitrate test but not very good - there show under 30ppm always and color looks always close to 0ppm.

Best Regards,

As a wild guess probably co2 , when your not dosing the KNO3 this will be the limiting nutrient , soon as you add it again its moving to some other nutrient , but somone with more experiance will be able to give you a better answer :p
Excesse's shouldnt cause deformation/curling as you need to get to extremly high levels before negative effects show themselves (not sure of the exact levels but it will be 200ppm+).

I would say CO2 for the reason being mine grew small and shrivelled without any injected into the tank, then a week or two after i started dosing ferts and CO2 it doubled in size height and width, with the leaves being stunningly vibrant colour. They look almost leathery :)

Back