crystal red babies

samc

i just purchased my first ever shrimps today (crystal reds) when i got home i floated them in the tank when i saw 2 tiny babies in the bag and saw that there is a female with a few more to come. i put them all in he tank and thought the babies might be ok, there are a few neons in the tank too will the neons eat the babies?

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
samc said:
i just purchased my first ever shrimps today (crystal reds) when i got home i floated them in the tank when i saw 2 tiny babies in the bag and saw that there is a female with a few more to come. i put them all in he tank and thought the babies might be ok, there are a few neons in the tank too will the neons eat the babies?
most likely will make a meal of them, my rainnbow fry were smaller than neons and hate my shrimplets ;)

samc

when i put them in they jumped onto a clump of hc an i saw them in there later on. the neons didnt seem interesed in them when i put them in as one went towards one but stoped when it got close

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
samc said:
when i put them in they jumped onto a clump of hc an i saw them in there later on. the neons didnt seem interesed in them when i put them in as one went towards one but stoped when it got close
might survive mate, but if a neon decides to go for one then none will escape ;)

samc

yeah they might well do with them liking live food. good job there not used to it.
do you find that you get any pairs as two of the three (male and female) are allways together