• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crystal Red Shrimp - Advice

My stats,
Ph-7.4-7.8
gh-16
temp 26
not ideal, shown by the fact i have a steady population of about 5
they really need soft slightly acidic-neutral water to fare well.

Crystal Reds like PH of around 6.5 and temps of 23-24C, if you want to breed them. Temps above 26C will probably kill them, its killed mine last summer when we had that heat wave, tank reached 30C.

In Little Mountain i had no heater so the tank was probably around 20-22, a PH of 7.4, a GH of 16 and a TDS of 500+. They were the last stats i checked quite some time ago.
I had three small fellas and this was the result.....
Litlemountain.jpg

Superman said:
Should I just got straight away and get S grades or should I get low grades to start off with?
I don't want to spend a load of money on higher grades and then kill them and kill my wallet in the process.
The lower grade look just as good anyway mate, its really up to you, I have both lower and higher grade in my tank, I was thinking about getting rid of the lower grade but since I only have 7 higher grade I thought I will keep them anyway and maximize the breeding potential and see.

Superman said:
I might then try a couple of lower grades and then treat myself to some higher grades.
Are they as sensitive as each other anyway?
Yep just different colours ;) I have some black ones too they are lovely also.

Back