• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CSM+B Question

firstman

Had a quick question about your experiences with CSM+B. I am dosing Seachem Flourish for traces and Iron. I am getting some new growth on my Repens which is yellowing. I think this is Iron deficiency. I would like to try CSM+B but don't have any experience with it. I have read that it still lacks in the Iron department. I am getting quite leary about info on the net and wanted to know what you, the people who actually use it and have experience with it, thought about it.

I ask because I want to know if I should use CSM+B or should I just continue using Flourish but start adding Iron Chelate 10% ?

Thank you in advance.

CSM+B isn't available here in the UK so I doubt many people would have used it. It is similar to other EDTA based chelated trace mixes and going by many others experiences seems to work pretty well. As it's EDTA based it is better suited to soft water enviroments. It used to be thought that CSM+B didn't contain enough iron but many who added extra iron didn't really notice any difference so I'd say it is fine.

Seachem Flourish uses a weak gluconate for the iron chelator so really needs to be added daily as it doesn't last long in the water column. People use it with excellent results so the choice is your's, but I'd go for the CSM+B mainly because of the cost. If though you want to add extra iron try and find a DTPA Iron chelate but failing that and EDTA based one would be ok. Can't help you with finding one as I know nothing of the suppliers in the States.

Coming back to your yellowing leaves are you sure you haven't got a nitrogen or possibly magnesium deficiency?

James

JamesC said:
Coming back to your yellowing leaves are you sure you haven't got a nitrogen or possibly magnesium deficiency?

James

James,

I don't know for sure that the deficiency is Iron. But I thought that Niotrogen and Magnesium effected 'old' leaves. This is strictly 'new' growth. So I am guessing Iron. I think that I might just go overboard and get CSM+B and Iron Chelated 10%. I don't want to dose Flourish everyday just from a cost stand point.

Back