• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cuba moss

Hi all,
I wish it was a larger picture, but the 2 ranked row of leaves make it look very like a "leafy Liverwort", pictured below.
Lop%20heterophylla1.jpg

<http://www.hainaultforest.co.uk/4Moss Photographs.htm>

cheers Darrel

chrisfraser05 said:
cuba moss, origin Asia?!?

Just another example of silly trade names. Looks like it could be a liverwort not ideal for aquarium use.

Hmm, would it be safe to assume it wouldn't grow? Looks very nice to me.

I think the general experience is most livewort don't survive longterm in aquariums, never owned it so this one could be different.

I have actually purchased this moss and its growing in my nano, this must be one of the slowest growing mosses I ever come across, the pad it came in just managed to fill up after 4-5 months, its looks great compact.

I think the thing with most liverworts is that we keep our tanks much much warmer than they're cut out for? Maybe it's just that the ones that have entered the hobby have been pretty but not true aquatics?

Cheers Paulo, any chance of some pictures?

Yeah pics would be great Paulo, I wasn't planning on buying any but I am in the process of setting up a sub-tropical/unheated tank and might give it ago if it'll survive.

LondonDragon said:
Its the one at the front middle:
pict0137yc.jpg

I will try and get some recent shots soon!

Loving your tank!!. That's the kind of look I would love to achieve for my shrimp :D

I'm sure I bought some of this from outside-inside aquatics in Scotland a while ago. It was from Dennerle and did fine in my nano tank. Very slow growing but it really looks good once it fills out, much neater than many other mosses. i'd definately buy more but does anybody know if aquashrimps uk ae legit though? I'm pretty suspicious of their website and the reviews that 'customers' have written.

Back