• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cycling tank with plants immediately

deadlus3d

Hello everyone,

I am about to start a tank.

I just wanted to know if it is wise to do the following things at the same time with a new tank:

1) cycle a tank with ammonia
2) plant immediately
3) use c02 injection immediately

I was wondering if cycling can be affected by the c02 injection / plant interaction.

Regards,

Don't do 1). Not needed or beneficial ( lots of talk about this on this forum)
As soon as you have healthy growing polantmass you can start adding fish gradually, most of the healthy bacteria live on the plants and their healthy rootsystem. We see the filters more as devices for flow.

ok thanks.

so you are basically saying the tank will be cycled over weeks with the plants, c02 and filtration only?

Hi all,
so you are basically saying the tank will be cycled over weeks with the plants, c02 and filtration only?
Yes, we are.

Fairly recent advances in DNA recognition have allowed scientists to examine the microbial assemblage actually found in aquarium filters, and how they change with changing ammonia loadings. The findings have been <"quite an eye opener">.

Have a look at <"Bacteria/biological starters">, it is worth looking at all the <"linked threads"> if you have time.

cheers Darrel

Back