• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cycling without plants?

Then at the best time fill the tank, take pics.. Show it off, grab the kudos. And the thread ends because it's down hill from there.. :) I don't say all, but the majority might be. Because there extremely little recources to find on trimming UG submersed.. 99% never gets to that stadium. :lol: The keep dreaming scenario..

Hehe, you might be right...
I saw a video of an UG-carpet being trimmed once (never saw anybody handle a pair of scissors more gentle and careful than that)
But i don't remember/think the guy made an update after that... :D
So i guess i have to keep dreaming of a gracefully waving carpet... Ugh (pun intended)

Here is one of the last attemps i know of, totlay forgot about it and didn't check how it went. Started end (nov/dec) 2015 dry starting UG.. Did a pretty good job actualy, had a nice carpet.. But swapped the UG for hairgras in april 2016, that's 4 months into the process because of the difficulty keeping it nice and clean.
http://www.aquascapingworld.com/threads/mystical-mountains-journal.9578/
As said, it explodes at one time, because it doesn't want to cramped into the substrate it can't live like that. It grows itself out off it.. :)

Cheers, i will read (and who knows even study and copy everything in) that thread!
For the win!!!
I'm off for a good read now!
:thumbup:

Back