• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cyperus helferi

andy

Took delivery of 8 lovely pots of the above last week....they looked superb. I have nearly 3wpg (6 xT8 mixed tubes), CO2 injection and a sandy substrate with JI 2 potting compost underneath. I also dose weekly with nutrafin plant gro. Filteration and circulation is spot on although the stocking level may be a bit on the high side.

The plants have been in a week now and i've already noticed them going brown on their tips. This is die back as opposed to brown algea forming. Should i expect them to lose a few older leaves then grow new ones from the base ?

Any suggestions....all other plants doing really well and looking good.

Thanks in advanced

Andy

Well the cyperus is all but completely brown now....what would you do ? leave it to see if it grows or chuck it out ? It is greener gown towards the crowns but im not holding out much hope.

I'm looking for something "grasslike" and Cyperus would've been ideal. Vallis is nice but grows too fast and spreads like mad !!!

Any further suggestions ?

Thanks

Andy

What are your CO2 levels, and how are you measuring them?

I suspect your dosing to be on the lean side. Try mixing your own ferts using potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate and trace mix from one of our sponsors. Take a look at the EI method of dosing and modify this to suit your situation. I suspect that you will have to dose full EI with those kind of light levels.

If you are not confident using dry powders, take a look at TPN+.

As for the brown plants, I would cut them off at the base and encourage new growth.

Dave.

Back