• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (15.08.08. rescape).

Garuf

Here is my new tank, "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant" which roughly translates to "Already, many times before" which is a direct reference to how this type of layout will not be revolutionary and also a reference to how many times I have used the same materials in numerous scapes now.
Stats are:
Tank: 60x30x30cm.
Lighting: 36watt power compact, to be changed to 2x24watts T5.
Filtration:eheim 2224 and a hydor external heater.
Substrate:ADA aqua soil, already used, and sand which will be capped again, though I will admit it's growing on me.
Co2 is pressurised via a rhinnox 2000.
dscf0691ym5.jpg

Re: New 60x30x30 clearseal tank.

No, not yet, I'm on the look out atm, I'm using the 36watt power compact for the minute.

Here's that hardscape, I don't really want to use any stems in this tank but It looks like I'll have to so I'll be on the scrounge if people want to give me some.
dscf0672uh6.jpg

Haha, my spitfire flamehead, I'll pull it down when I get chance, the tank might be moved yet.
Thank you for the compliment, I'm waiting for water to clear so I can show the scape as is, I'll be adding moss stones and some stems yet but not until tomorrow at the earliest, work tomorrow and college till Friday.

Re: New 60x30x30 cm "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant".

The title translates very roughly as "Already, many times before", A direct reference to how this stlyle of scape will have been seen many times before and also a in joke since all of the materials except the sand and tank will have been used at least 3 times now.

I think you may mean, "Déjà vu de nombreuses fois précédemment" = "Already seen many times before" or to translate your original without the 'seen' get rid of 'vu'. Not that it matters of course as it's just a title for a tank, but my old French teacher would turn in her grave (she must be dead by now....). :lol:

I like the hard stuff and especially the steep slopes. How stable are they? Is there going to be sand in the open area? Lots of HC for the planting?

Hi there, i like the look of this scape, the steep sides will be interesting when planted and the feel of depth is allready their to be exposed, good luck with it regards john. 8)

Because I'm cool, I let my dosing fall out of line and got a massive clado outbreak which has claimed my hc, I do however have some really rather nice hairgrass which I will be implementing along with some mossy stones and narrow and needle leaved ferns.

planting wise, I'm using everything to create a sense of mysticism, like a forest opening or something so as soon as I can afford I'll be out looking for rotala green more bolbitis and ferns and some smaller stems such as HM.

The slopes as they stand are deceptive in that the rocks support alot of the substrate and are actually quiet stable. I haven't really had chance to plant anything tonight like I hoped but I will endeavour to and get up new pictures.

Yes the middle and foreground will feature sand, I made the mistake of adding it tonight, deciding the left hand sides rocks weren't right and then moving everything and covering it with a film of gunk so I'll be capping that in a week or so, probably with a different sand, I used zambezi and the colour is just too yellow for me.

And thank you for the French tips, Ed, its babel fish that translated it not me. ;)

Garuf said:
And thank you for the French tips, Ed, its babel fish that translated it not me. ;)

No offence meant mate! I'm a teacher and it comes far too easily... :rolleyes: Sorry! :lol:

Nice Hardscape Garuf! Reminds me of a moon lit forest, like a scene out of a horror movie. My only criticism is the cut ends of the wood - One of the drawbacks of sumatra wood. Careful planting may help to disguise them. Love the way the substrate is banked.

Those bracing bars - Is there a central one across the tank? If not would it be out of the question to remove then?
Would enhance your scape if the tank was rimless.

Nice start. Well done mate :)

Agreed on the bracing planter, unfortunately I had to get a clearseal tank because my original tank burst a seam and that was the catalyst for this project, wait 6 weeks, deal with fish loss, have a period of angsty waiting or go down to Warehouse and buy a clearseal tank and make do. I'll be going rimless when I can afford but since this glass is only 5mm thick I won't be removing the braces, I aren't that brave.

oh and the center brace is actually a ruler I was balancing the light on. :oops:

I'd get rid of the braces bud. Clearseal tanks are real good, my tank is kinda home made (not branded) and that had braces and it is 6mm glass. I whipped off the front one and i'm dead chuffed with it. If you can imagine mine is 80 x 45 x 45 and is about 160l which is nearly 3 time the volume of yours, i'd take the plunge and go for it. I suppose it depends on the size of your wotsits ;)

Back