• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (15.08.08. rescape).

Re: New 60x30x30 cm "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant".

Garuf said:
Maybe. :oops: :lol:
Lol, yeah I am, Its SO nice, I've yet to plant anything I've been in work since 7am. I love the lampeye's they're SO active.
While talking fish, I lost an ember on the journey home, it was a bit "bendy" though so I think it was just a unfortunate but inevitable thing.

How's the plants did you get home okay?

Yikes maybe we should have just come back straight rather heading to the chinese place and pleasure ourself while those poor little fish suffocating in a dark cold box somewhere in my car. Hey, gareth, I want to come and see the tank in person when it's fully scape!

It wasn't the wait that finished him he seemed to just be a runt that couldn't hack the journey, which is a shame but at the end of the day every other fish coped with the journey and are all extremely strong, a testament to the breeders skill.

H,i Garuf, very nice mate post some pics when it fills out, regards john.

As this scape develops I think it has the potential to be a real little cracker. It's got a really eerie feel to it, like a scene from amityville, that's meant in a good way! Maybe you could you put a dark background on it I think it would add more depth to it. Anyway I think you're on to a winner with this one, love it.

Thank you guys, I'll be removing and replanting some of the crypts and replacing them with echindorus tennelus and some rotalla green and FINALLY getting round to planting the remaining hairgrass. As well as this I will be trying to boost the growth by upping the co2 and ferts.

Thanks for the eerie compliments, I really want to get a closed in feel in the clearing there is bolbitis planted on some of the branches and fingers crossed everything will be spurred into action as soon as a I fall back into a proper dosing scheme.

Just pulled out the crypts and replaced them with the E.T. and Rotalla green, pictures as and when the water clears. Also finished planting the hairgrass, it better be worth the back ache. :lol:

Crypts will be in the swap shop when I decide which to keep and which to flog.

dscf0707fs5.jpg

As promised, does anyone know how you trim E Tennelus?

There I was ignoring this journal (Not another bloody journal from Gareth) and now I see I've missed something!!

Garuf has gone from algae farmer to aquascaper in just a few months!!!

Well done matey, looks really good. Nice and bold (and brave)

If you don't like the Rhinox try these cheapies. I just put one in my 29G and it works a treat and is much much smaller (half the size of the Rhinox) yes they are supposed to be for Nanos but so what if they work and are more discreet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=370033195671&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024

Keep it up and sorry for not reading before.

Andy

Thanks for the tip Andy, also thanks for the compliment, I've actually got some new diffusers but they're at Dan's still so I'll need to collect them at some point.
Nothing to report yet, growth is steady and the first signs of algae are breaking, nothing major just some thread from having fluctuating co2 for a while because of changing the position of the outlet about, also dropping water level because of evaporation was throwing the water level and I'm having to top up a few pints a day to ensure that the level doesn't fluctuate too badly.

Yeah I came back that day and realised that you haven't taken the diffuser! but I don't understand why you need this diffuser when you've already got a better one running there? Surely a rhinox 2000 is better than a simple nano diffuser.

As far as I can tell they're no different in terms of what they are its just that the nano diffusers are less obtrusive and in my experiance kick out more bubbles.

we'll see, Don't suppose you want some crypts do you? I've 3 tropica pots of wenditi green and "div" left over from my scape, pm me if interested.

dscf0750pz0.jpg

Brilliant :D I love it :D the mosses seem to be growing fast and you can already envisage how it will look grown in, very nice work you must be pleased mate :D

BTW how's the luminaire working out and did the hanging kit arrive ok?

Back