• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (15.08.08. rescape).

Re: New 60x30x30 cm "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant".

Well, better late than never, pre trim and with signs of algae through lack of CO2.
dscf0793hp0.jpg

Post trim.
dscf0795zh0.jpg

A nice little shot
dscf0810ed4.jpg

Hi mate, looks nice. If you don't mind me saying the anubius on the left wood particulaly is very distracting, it seems to be growin up towards the surface because it has no where else to go, try chopping it off and strapping it further down toward the base and allow it t creep up along the wood. i'd give the roots a trim too or try and strap them down. In the shot of the fish it seems like you have quite a lot of detritus in the moss, if you give that a stir every day it'll prevent dyeoff and algae and you should see a huge improvement in the growth. Just my opinion, I hope you find it constructive. :D

A welcome critique, something I'd noticed myself too regarding the Anubias.
Regarding the moss I'd just disturbed the sand and AS while trimming them and the detritus you can see is what I'd stirred up, unfortunately its become trapped in the clado (?) algae that I have.

I've actually done a second trim off the moss on the wood to give the wood some more shape, Unfortunately I'm useless with a camera to show what the scape actually looks like.

Garuf said:
Here is my new tank, "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant" which roughly translates to "Already, many times before" which is a direct reference to how this type of layout will not be revolutionary and also a reference to how many times I have used the same materials in numerous scapes now.
Stats are:
Tank: 60x30x30cm.
Lighting: 36watt power compact, to be changed to 2x24watts T5.
Filtration:eheim 2224 and a hydor external heater.
Substrate:ADA aqua soil, already used, and sand which will be capped again, though I will admit it's growing on me.
Co2 is pressurised via a rhinnox 2000.
dscf0691ym5.jpg

Hi Garuf,

Don't want to sound picky mate but is that a bike someone has parked in your tank? :lol:

Okay, I don't get it? :(

Haha, I thought you meant the wood, I was trying to find a part that resembled a bike.
The red and black thing is a Spitfire skateboard wheels sticker, this one being the Flamehead motif they were biggest in the late 80's early 90's I believe.

Do you know any of the South Wales skate boys? They go all over the uk when competitions go down. They often tag along with the Dirty Sanchez boys who are local too.

Matthew Pritchard and Mike Lock and co? I've bumped into them a few times, never really talked to them much, I know one of the 2 callow twins and used to get my skateboards direct from the owner of Death.
I tend to skate with the Stoke people these days, no where near as much as I'd like though. It's competition time soon so I'm training up on all my show tricks.:lol:

I know Pritchard, not very well though.. Morph, Dan Wood and co know him way better than I do, but I haven't seen any of them for 10+ years. I settled down and had kids, they're still living their dreams :D

MORPH?! The bald headed fellow? I saw him skate the vert at epic, made it look 2 foot tall.

dscf0852cp3.jpg

As you can see I'm fighting algae in my moss and I'm half way through building a barricade to keep the sand and AS from mixing. This is how the tank looks as of 9:00pm,
Oh and I cut the rim of too.
Enjoy.

dscf0859cp7.jpg

And closer.
Showing the true extent of the mess.

What you need is more ferst and CO2 ;) good luck combating that algae.
Ever thought about EasyCarbo? worked great for me.

I'll be giving it ago as soon as I get chance to order some from AE. The tank is looking good in the flesh, it's really just the moss that's got the problems.

Back