• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (15.08.08. rescape).

See, I really liked it too but I've decided to reinstate my old scape for the time being. That said I've made an ungodly mess of the tank so I'll probably find myself doing a re-scape soon.

Re: "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (27.6.08. rescape).

Hey nice work, wondering if you had any joy setting up the partition for the A/S mixing with sand, it must be a job trying to keep that sand clean? Love the new wood by the way, just maybe a bit too big.

Re: New 60x30x30 cm "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant".

Dan Crawford said:
I'm with aaron, dirty moss sucks, have you tried aiming the filter outlet directly at it?

Hi,

I am not quite sure of the exact reasons for this but I believe that for some reason algae tends to grow at or any point where there is high water flow or movement of water so I am not sure that pointing the filter outlet directly at anything is necessarily a good idea. Has anyone noticed that at the point at where the water flow from your outlet pipe hits the glass there tends to be more green spot algae on the glass at this point than anywhere else on the tank?

I think it has something to do with the constant flow of nutrient rich water directly feeding one spot. (presuming that the necessary adverse water parameters prevail of course) (not that nutrient rich water causes algae) (don't want the EI fan club jumping on me) :rolleyes: Anyone who has ever had green hair algae or the slimy stuff will usually notice it growing on the plastic pipe at the outlet point and getting longer and longer in the direction of the water flow.

Just a thought if it helps.

Cheers

Re: "Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (27.6.08. rescape).

I've noticed this in the past when I had the venturi pump to a RedSea yeast o2 system flowing right over a clump of wood with moss over it. figured either the flow or concentration of co2 caused the algae.

dsc00078ad0.jpg

apologies for the terrible quality.
Any tips or pointers? Be as critical as you can. :)

garuf mate,

it looks way better. the foreground looks much "cleaner"

yeh, it wants some plants towards the back, but that will happen in time.just a though, i would try and tidy the triangular bit where the bits of wood meet in the middle.maybe use it as a focal point? where you can see straight through the tank.bit like amano does occasionally.

dsc00078ad0.jpg

maybe not as big as the image suggests, its just to point you to the area :D even if you didnt do it, it still looks awesome with massive potential.

mark

Yeah they are, they're crypt wenditi and I feel a little too large for this scape.

Yeah, they are a crypt, crypt wenditi green. I really think they don't work for this scape, as soon as I've got enough stems to swap them out I think they'll find there way to the sale section.
Critiques are always welcomed, there's always room for improvement. :lol:

Back