• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Déjà, beaucoup de fois avant". (15.08.08. rescape).

might be able to give you some stems in a few week time once I've done my prunning. My new tank is pack with stems. In fact I've got 2 pots of spare pogostemon stellatus, 2 pot of limnophila aromatica, 1 pot of java fern and 1 pot of HM here with me. Could sell it to you cheap if you want. £15 quid, how does that sound? lol

i can take those big crypts at the back corners of you tank off your hands
pm me a price for them and ill get back to you

Ark

looks gr8 btw

I've offered the crypts to Steveuk first so he has first dips, if he says no they're £5 for the pair inc postage.

All yours if you want them then ark.
PM me and we'll arrange payment etc.

What specs would you like specifically?
The hardware is as follows:
Lighting 2x24 watt hot5 osrams
Filtration is a measly eheim 2224 hydor inline heater fitted
Co2 is pressurised via a rhinnox 2000
substrate is ADA amazonia and silver sand.

Fish wise I have 2 remaining lampeye killifish (anyone who has some already is welcome to them), 11ember tetra and 7 otto.
No inverts I can't keep them in my water.

thanks, they're the only stats i can think of apart from plants. how have you found the killies? i'm thinking of getting some.

I loved them, really really charismatic and entertaining fish. Easy to spawn too! The only downside is that I had a lot of jumpers, I don't know why but I lost all but 2 in one evening.

cool. i ihave a hood so the jumping wouldn't be a problem. as i said, i'm thinking of getting some but there doesn't seem to be that much information about. do they stay quite small?

Some are...and some aren't.

Generally speaking, the south american ones are seasonal in that they lay eggs, the pools dry up, adults die, eggs stay in the mud, rains come and the eggs hatch out. African ones live far longer and the eggs can be water incubated. I recently lost an Aphyosemon australe which I had for about 3 years.

Yeah I was just thinking, even with the seasonal ones, in an aquarium envioroment the fish tend to live longer, even a lot longer as theres no dry season. Had my cacatoides apistogramma for nearly two years.
Would like to try some killi sp.

A few weeks on.
dscf0959oc8.jpg

As you can see all is nice and green, I'm still having some flow issues so I've fighting algae...AGAIN. But at least I'm getting good at it. As you can see I removed the crypts and when I have the stems nice and long I'll trim them back hard so that I can chop and replant the tops to bulk everything out. The Nesaea pedicellata is starting to lose all of its leaves and throw out new growth so I have high hopes for this one as it looks like a nice plant that will compliment the green rotalla well.

As always tips and critique are welcome so fire away.

I personally prefer the sand though I doubt that will last for ever and should I decide I do want a foreground I'll invest in a bag of aquasoil. Not glosso though, been there done that. :lol:

The sand is staying for the time being, I'm really not so down with foreground plants, they've always been such hard work.
Once the lights come on and I've done a little bit of maintenance I'll add some more pictures up.

Please keep the sand!

The tank is looking sooo good, seriously. It will look even better when the stems have grown and stuff, but I love it. This effect is what I'm aiming for in my tank.

Back