• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

D-D CO2 regulator rubber seal damaged - spare?

nry

Hi all,

Long time no see! Still going with the CO2/EI stuff on my aquarium :)

The D-D CO2 set I have has got a problem - the clear rubber seal that sits inside the regulator where the CO2 bottle screws in has split. I've tried using a cut down rubber washer instead but it just won't seal properly.

I've e-mailed D-D but no reply so far. Anyone got any suggestions on either a spare rubber seal to use or if not what's the cheapest place to get a new regulator? Can't afford a new D-D one, but I want to keep using the same size of disposable CO2 bottles - I also have the solenoid and needle valve etc from the D-D kit to use with something else if at all possible?

Cheers for your help,

nry

NRY

Pop down to Halfords or Wickes / B&Q - what you want is an "O" ring kit, I am sure they will be able to assit, i would try the DIY shops first.

Regards
Paul.

Never thought of an O-ring, I got some rubber washers and cut them down, but they just mis-shape once I screw the cannister in and they fill the gap up so no CO2 gets to the regulator - I'll have a look tomorrow for a O-ring, cheers!

Yeah, just needs a new o ring, same happens occasionally with regulators for diving. Definitely won't be cause for a new reg!

98p in B&Q and job sorted :) Never even thought of o-ring washers but they're perfect!

nry, how do you find your D & D CO2 unit? Do you have the Aquaponics Regulator? Cant get a steady flow of CO2 with mine.

I don't have it anymore, but I never found a problem adjusting it. I don't think any of the 'cheaper' needle valves are the most accurate to adjust finely, even my newer eBay one from Malaysia is really awkward to adjust at lower bpm levels.

Hi guys the best and only seal to do the job is a Dowty washer, an O ring only works when supported in a suitable machined seat. As we normally have 2 flat faces between the reg and the FE the O ring just gets crushed to a point that it can and will fail. Dowty washers are avaliable at any Hydraulic Hose repair shop or Plant Fitters.

Back