• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

D-D CO2 Regulator

scottturnbull

I am considering this Deltec CO2 regulator. I was going to get one of the German ones, but once delivery is factored in, they're about the same price.

Anyone tried one of these, or heard anything about them? It looks the same as the D-D one from AE - which looks, more or less, the same as the Lunapet regulator.

Does anyone know if the D-D/Deltec regulator is FE compatible?

As far as I know all regulators (apart from ones for disposable bottles) have the same fitting, so you should be fine.

But there must be someone on here who owns the reg you're looking at, so best to wait for them.

Must go now - your avatar is hypnotising me - brains...brains...

;)

Mark

I'm grateful for the replies.

My main concern is the 30 quid difference between Ultimate Aquatics and Aquatics Essentials, for what appears to be the same regulator. I emailed Ultimate Aquatics and got a terse reply suggesting perhaps AE were 'greedy'. Maybe if it was 10-15 quid difference. 30 quid seems too much. Most of the other items UA sell are priced comparably with other outlets, even a little dearer. (I used to buy a lot from them, when they were one of only a few aquatics retailers online.) Saying that, I'll probably go with Lunapet. I don't like the idea of a b-stock CO2 regulator.

It looks exactly the same as a regulator I got from the German ebay seller . Works very well for me.
The solenoind is much cheaper on ebay though. £16 or something.
If you are thinking abut buying some tubing and a bubble counter, then the ebay seller may be a good choice.

Lunapet did me a good deal, I wanted most of the kit but not the reactor nor cannister so we did a bit of bargaining and I came away happy. Postage was about €20.

How long did it take for your delivery to arrive from Germany?

I put the order in on the 14th October and they arrived on the 27th. They had to go through the uni system though so I don't know when they arrived on site; probably a day or 2 before that.

Here's an update. I ordered the Lunapet kit on Monday evening. It arrived this morning. I think I made the right choice. Just using the 500g bottle for now. This company look promising for refills.

I appreciate the feedback you guys gave me.

Back