• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

d2's Planted Tank Adventurama

How deep was the water?

That’s bad luck for certain
Enough to cover the median. Not all that deep, but I got pinned in traffic and was just sitting there.

Looking good, hope it all comes together well for you.

Going to look great when done, very nice setup, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Supplies are in for the Auto Water Change upgrade!
3/8" tubing and connectors to get it hooked up to an old Cole Parmer Masterflex pump with dual heads.

i-gGLSnxs-XL.jpg

And starting to route the tubing and ethernet cable for the controller's powerbar. You can see the tank behind the cat. lol
Tubing will enter through the wall down low.
Water storage tanks are off camera on the left.

i-sMhr9hZ-XL.jpg

i-s57wwQ4-XL.jpg

Annnnd we're through. :)
Thinking I'm going to run these into the stand and then figure out a more elegant solution to run the lines up the back of the tank and over the top.
And I need to work on the opposite side... getting these hooked up the pump and water storage tanks.

i-4xgxx86-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice all this hard work will pay off, will look great.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Annnnd we're through. :)
Thinking I'm going to run these into the stand and then figure out a more elegant solution to run the lines up the back of the tank and over the top.
And I need to work on the opposite side... getting these hooked up the pump and water storage tanks.

i-4xgxx86-XL.jpg
Nice.
I am interested to see how to bring these nicely over the rim to the tank.
Using a small U-glass pipe would be an option.

Nice.
I am interested to see how to bring these nicely over the rim to the tank.
Using a small U-glass pipe would be an option.
Going stainless. Cleaning 3 glass ones would be a pain. I'll leave the glass to the filter pipes. :)

Stand is leveled, lights are installed, and the tank is finally getting moved in this weekend! :)

Also started getting electronics mounted inside the cabinet.

i-HG6ZLgs-XL.jpg

i-vMJDb7z-X2.jpg

That is some fancy gear looking forward to this

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Finishing up the water delivery system for auto water changes and auto top-off today.

Here's the Masterflex pump that will be performing the AWC's.
One head will be pumping water out while the other head is pumping water in simultaneously.
I will probably run the two lines to opposite sides of the tank.

i-Fr6WmZT-XL.jpg

And here is the plastic shed (it has seen better days) that holds my storage tanks and the pumps.
An ethernet cable runs from the tank to the shed where it plugs into a GHL powerbar.
This allows the controller to run the ATO and AWC, as well as mixing pumps, and heater if I were to need it.
The small pump is for the ATO.
I prefer to use all peristaltic pumps because it prevents backflow.
And these Cole Parmer Masterflex pumps are meant to run 24/7 in the medical industry. The pumps have stainless steel rollers.
Other than changing out the tubing periodically, they run forever.

i-fdZhKRW-X2.jpg

i-dr4Q284-XL.jpg

P.S. - Can you find the lizard? lol :D

Also, here is an unboxing and bit of rambling for the GHL Mitras LED....

changing out the tubing periodically,
Don’t wait on this ;)
tubing tends to quietly split so better to just replace at recommended intervals (taking time and use into account, just sitting quietly in the pump also stresses the tubing)

I was going to ask which lights :lol:

Don’t wait on this ;)
tubing tends to quietly split so better to just replace at recommended intervals (taking time and use into account, just sitting quietly in the pump also stresses the tubing)
Yes, every 6 months or so seems to be a good timeframe for me. :) It costs more than your standard tubing but still pretty cheap.
But i let that small ATO pump run for like 2 years straight... tubing was still in one piece! lol

Back