• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

d2's Planted Tank Adventurama

Beautiful home and tank. Pisses me off.
tank looks great and looks huge. Cant wait to see if filled and planted,lots of work went into this cant wait.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

My wife says she likes the lights.
Have you found a good schedule?
Did you use the GHL mounting kit?
I just set them to around 7200k for now, at midday. Will see how it goes.
And yes, those are the GHL Flex Mounts.

I'm not an huge fan of the black background, but nice setup, curious about these lights. :)
Yes, I was going to go with the soft white background originally but then got worried I was going to see distracting shadows from those support bars for the lights, plus other stuff I plan on running up the back of the tank. So settled on black for now. It's just a vinyl background so I could peel it off and try white next time if I want. Guess we'll see how it goes! :)

Beautiful home and tank. Pisses me off.
LOL!!! :hilarious: Thanks... I think. :D
tank looks great and looks huge. Cant wait to see if filled and planted,lots of work went into this cant wait.
ha, yeah... it's big. <that's what she said>
Now to figure out what to do with all that space. :wideyed:

Just delivered.... 3/8" stainless steel u-bend tubes for the ATO and water change lines. :)

i-Pj7ZqwT-XL.jpg

I have a vid up now that shows the GHL Flex Mounts... that's their hanging system. They're pretty nice. Good looking, sturdy and functional.

Extremely classy build, any more thoughts on the scape and livestock?
Thanks! :) I've got a general idea for the scape, but livestock i've put on the back burner for now.

I just dropped over $500 at ADG today on some gray mountain rock, river wood, and 3 bags of ultum soil, and I'm not even sure if I like what I got or how I'm going to make this turn out like what I have in my head. #AquariumProblems :facepalm: :hilarious:

Not to worry

Post some photos and we’ll responds with the “likes” and constructive criticism ;)
:D

(I suspect More Soil will be on the list - unless you’re planting very little area ... which doesn’t correspond with the lighting :cool:)

Filipe Oliveira’s advice - take your time collecting hardscape etc, then scape the tank, and wait again for next budget instalments for plants ... and then livestock

Large tanks easily consume large budgets
And it’s much easier to grow plants “algae free” when there are LOTS of plants

(I suspect More Soil will be on the list - unless you’re planting very little area ... which doesn’t correspond with the lighting :cool:)

Filipe Oliveira’s advice - take your time collecting hardscape etc, then scape the tank, and wait again for next budget instalments for plants ... and then livestock

Yep, i definitely may need more soil but will see how it goes. Planning on building up a hidden base of lava rock on the right where it's going to be really high to help stretch out the soil.

And yes, the plan is hardscape first, then plant right before i'm ready to fill it.

Look for a porous stone similar in size to ADA Power Sand L for better flow/oxygenation/biological activity in that base
(I suppose ADG won’t have this any longer but they may have something comparable)

Look for a porous stone similar in size to ADA Power Sand L for better flow/oxygenation/biological activity in that base
(I suppose ADG won’t have this any longer but they may have something comparable)
I was thinking of crushing the lava rock. Would that work? I don't know of any stone more porous looking than lava, outside of a filter media.

Back