• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dads kitchen nano

NeilW

Hey chaps :wave:

I thought I would show the progression of my Dads kitchen nano. I set him up the tank as a gift last year and since then its been a case of trial an error due to the location being in full sunlight. CO2 wasn't an option due to budget and liquid carbon due to laziness. As a result the tank now makes use of floating plants and a black background. I've also removed the ugly top braces of the arctank and changed the stock filter to something more robust, powerful and with more media. I know it lacks the fine subtleties of glassware, an optiwhite tank and external filter that I love but I'm pretty chuffed with it all the same.

kitchen2dh.jpg

kitchen1l.jpg

This is how it previously looked (why did I buy such white gravel?!);

img0918q.jpg

img2987if.jpg

I hope this is an inspiration to create something for your own father :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

spyder said:
Looks great, I like the wood and I'm a sucker for frogbit roots giving that eery atomosphere.

I can just see a few small clumps of Cryptocoryne wendtii green around the base of the wood on the right, but I would, it's one of my favourite plants. :thumbup:
Cheers, I'll take a look into your plant suggestion. Crypts seem to be excellent plants for a setup like this

sanj said:
It looks so much more pleasing now and doesnt need any glassware. What does your dad think?
Thanks :) I don't know what made me pick that gravel, I think in the shop it looked darker but I was stuck with it once I'd opened it. My dad likes it at the moment as I've briefly moved back home so I'm keeping it good looking!

easerthegeezer said:
big definately isnt always better, lovely simple nano! plenty of frills, no bills!! nice!
Cheers :thumbup: Its made me think more about an easy maintenance tank for the future.

Back