• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Damage or deficiency?

Viv

Just done my weekly water change on my 180l planted tank and noticed two leaves, on two separate echinodorus species each have a mark on one of their leaves. The plants look fine apart from these marks, so I'm not sure if its damage or the first signs of a deficiency. I dose trace and potassium nitrate +potassium phosphate 3 times a week on alternate days with one day 'off' the day before water change. There are no pin holes in the centres that I can see. Older leaves look normal and the plants are growing well. Any thoughts?

leaf2.jpg

leaf1.jpg

Viv

Hello,
If these are not caused by predation then holes in plants are otherwise always caused by a carbon deficiency.

Cheers,

Thanks ceg :) There aren't any holes, at least not yet. Does it look like this might be the start though? I am having trouble with my regulator and have another ordered, but at the moment I can't increase the CO2. I've got liguid carbon if adding that would help?

Viv

Yes, liquid carbon is the same as adding CO2. Add more and see if it prevents the damage from getting worse.

Cheers,

Back