• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan and Andy's crypt

Dan walton

Decided to fill my redundant rio 125 with bogwood and moss some plants too most will be removed from my current community tank and replanted in the 125 I will be using the same substrate as I have in my rio 180 hopefully Andy will glue a link to that journal on this one for me he's a little more clued up on the links etc.
The moss I'm starting with will be Vesicularia (Christmas moss) and Taxiphyllum (flame moss) Hopefully grown on bogwood more moss to be added if its successful any tips would be great as I've never tried growing moss before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vaqema7u.jpg

metybyva.jpg

Slight change of plan as I'm getting more concerned about my ageing community tank (convinced its leaking on one of the corners) I've decided to speed up this project still using the large piece of bogwood and some new rocks I acquired earlier this week I'm hoping to scape it fill it and have the fish in today I'm cutting back on the amount of home made compost substrate hoping to keep toxins to a minimum I may be using some old substrate from the community tank I'm hoping that as the old tank is running two mature external filters and I intend to use a good 50% of the original water that I won't suffer any casualties frequent water changes and close monitoring are going to be the key over the coming weeks wish me luck peeps

azy5u5a4.jpg

qapavuju.jpg

gyna9edy.jpg

5y7evuja.jpg

New tank new bogwood and a picture of the old tank also a close up of the suspect water leak could be nothing but would hate to come home to find the front detached and a wet kitchen !

aqaqudy4.jpg

abyhama6.jpg

uzy6agy6.jpg

a8y6y2ud.jpg

qa9u8aby.jpg

Bogwood in rock in light coating of JI3/sand mix as used in the 180 heater fitted and filter plumbed in just on with tying on the moss Christmas first then onto flame moss Andy has pulled out the plants from the old tank there currently in a bucket of tank water will be sorting trimming and plant them next more pics to follow

Juwel 180 first planted tank | Page 7 | UK Aquatic Plant Society

8avabepy.jpg

duba3e8e.jpg

e7ezusum.jpg

Light on and rest of plants in a lot of spare plants didn't realise how big they had grown in the old tank been fairly brutal with the HC and half buried in substrate didn't want it floating to the top hope it bounces back next pictures it should be wet

Back