• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's 80cm ADA/PFK shoot

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
We spent hours prepping and photographing Dan's tank last night.

Make no mistake, this is a serious aquascape that will very likely position far higher than mine in the ADA contest. It was a pleasure and an honour to photograph this masterpiece, amongst the great company of close friends.

It will also feature in the Aug issue of PFK, as part of the prestigious Great Planted Tank series.

Here's a teaser shot to start (pre-Vallis trim and backlighting - it gets better...!)

Cheers.

f_tease1cropm_ee1a6ae.jpg

f_rainbowscrom_6977fce.jpg

I almost had a chance to see this myself at the weekend. Shame I didn't :(

Great shot George, and great scape Dan! Hope you do well in the contest! Are you entering it into the AGA contest too?

Thanks for the kind words Pal :D

This was a fantastic experience for me, I've wanted to get my name in PFK for as long as i can remember but getting my tank featured is beyond what i ever thought could happen to the once young guy keeping goldfish in a bowl :oops:

The evening was awesome, George turned up with beer, camera and more lighting than you could shake a stick at. Shortly after Jeremy Gay turned up and we got to it, i use the term "WE got to it" loosely as Jeremy did the obvious and sat and watched the football! :lol: The tank was pretty much prepped but obviously when a fellow aquascaper comes round there is plenty to be trimming and moving etc :) We played around with backgrounds and the back lighting until we were all happy with it then George got the bad boy out and started snapping lol ;) Here is the man with the tools of the trade ie. Cannon and Carlin'!
George.jpg

We got some great photos and it looks set to follow the high standard of the series so far (i hope!)

Evenings like this are always the business, having your best friends so heavily involved and passionate about the same hobby is priceless. I dread to think how many nights we've drunk away chatting aquascaping and staring down a view finder. Awesome!

SteveUK said:
Hope you do well in the contest! Are you entering it into the AGA contest too?
Thanks mate, i'll be selling the setup to make way for a new Optiwhite and running a new 'scape, if it doesn't work out then yeh i suppose i can submit the same entry, although saying that i remember someone mentioning that you automatically get entered into the AGA if you enter the ADA?

im sure this has been explained somewhere and i've missed it, or may be common knowledge to the rest of you, but why is no one allowed to display entries to the ADA competition until after the deadline?

Yeah, this was talked about a little while ago, although I can't remember much of the outcome! :oops:

I suppose, just thinking about it again now, that it protects the entrants as well as anything else, as people can't steal ideas of others and enter them as their own.

Intriguing!! snapshot looks great I'm sure the rest will stand up as well, well done mate first ADA entry and all.

If you enter this into AGA they will ask you on the entry form, tick a box style, if you want it entered into next years ADA 2009 competition. I would personally never tick that box because its way to early and you may always come up with something better in the meantime.

Might have to put up my own snapshot of my entry, now that all the pros around here are doing it :lol:

Being in a privelaged position that im in, im lucky enough to have seen the full tank shot!
Ding dong Dan, its the shizzal and indeed the dizzle. The snap shot looks top quality, worthy to woop our far eastern competitors, of which i have no dout.
Im a tad worried, your ganna rip my scape apart at the weekend, Dam you Crawford! :D

Lets hope we are going to have a real UK presance in this years comp, get in UKaps!

Boh!

What's the moss on the right hand side? It looks beautiful.
The whole tank looks beautiful, makes me wish I'd got a hairgrass foreground rather than sand.

Nice one George! You make it look better than it actually is! 8)

What's the moss on the right hand side?
Its fissidens mate, my favorite plant at the minute, I got it from Aquatic Magic. It grows really well once it's got a hols and it stays so compact.

Hi Dan, i am sure it looks superb and i wish you all the very best of luck in tha Ada contest,regards john.

Back