• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's Dennerle Nano

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi guys, i got this tank about 2 months ago and i love it! It came with everything you need ie. gravel, substrate fertilisers, plant food, shrimp food, shrimp tonic, filter, lighting and all sorts.
Well i got to work on it straight away and it's been a pleasure ever since.
I've changed the filter for an Eden 501 but otherwise its bog standard.
I've been dosing 1ml of EasyCarbo and 1ml of TPN+ every day and these are the results. I've had a small bit of brown dust algae but otherwise thats it.
An interesting point is that i have the same batch of HC in Little Mountain in Aquasoil Powder and in this tank the HC has increased in size two fold over the other tank. Both have the same light and ferts along with the same volume of water, strange?
Well, here you go, i've gotta tidy the moss up a bit but thats a slow, ongoing process so bare with me.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

LondonDragon said:
what are the dimenssions?
Sorry, 20 x 20 x 25 - 10l approx
LondonDragon said:
where can you get them from?
Not many places sadly, Aquajardin in Worcester and the Water Zoo in Peterborough i know of and a few World of Waters.
I've just got the full CO2 kit too so i'll put that on and let you know what it's like, it looks quality!

vauxhallmark said:
Are you going to write a 'review' of it?
No, i don't think so. I'll be going through the good and bad points here.
vauxhallmark said:
Is it glass?
Yep.
vauxhallmark said:
happy with the light?
Very! It's much better than the AquaDistri ones and also the Arcadia Arcpod due to it's nicer colour rendition.

Dan Crawford said:
LondonDragon said:
what are the dimenssions?
Sorry, 20 x 20 x 25 - 10l approx
LondonDragon said:
where can you get them from?
Not many places sadly, Aquajardin in Worcester and the Water Zoo in Peterborough i know of and a few World of Waters.
I've just got the full CO2 kit too so i'll put that on and let you know what it's like, it looks quality!

I believe Harrogate aquatic also sell them. was it the nano CO2 kit that you have? i have just ordered one and would love to see how it fares, mine will be going in a tropica aquacube.

cheers
steve

fish fodder said:
was it the nano CO2 kit that you have? i have just ordered one and would love to see how it fares,
Yep, feeling flush so bought the Crystal Line 125 Glassware set too. It's all way smart ;)

Unfortunately I can't see any images right now but I'm sure it looks sweet after seeing it in the flesh a while back... ;)

Did you try out the photo settings we talked about mate?

I wonder if the growth is better in the new Dennerle substrate, as the Aqua Soil is over 12 months old now?

I look forward to seeing the photos when I get home! :D

George Farmer said:
Unfortunately I can't see any images right now but I'm sure it looks sweet after seeing it in the flesh a while back...
Cheers mate.
George Farmer said:
Did you try out the photo settings we talked about mate?
Yep, they could be worse but they could also be much better.
George Farmer said:
I wonder if the growth is better in the new Dennerle substrate, as the Aqua Soil is over 12 months old now?
Indeed, thats my only thought.....

Hi Dan

Great looking scape! You beat me to the punch. I've been plucking up the courage to post my nano cube journal (I guess I'll have to subtitle mine, "how not to do it!"). Its interesting that you are not using the supplied filter. Did you have problems with it or did you just want the extra filter size that the 501 offers? I've got a 20l nano set up and have misgivings about the filter's performance. I have been thinking of swapping to an external but I'd prefer one that I can set up in the cabinet beneath the tank (rather than have it on the same level as the tank, as is the case with the 501- so I'm led to believe).

Cheers

Allen

AJB said:
Hi Dan

Great looking scape! You beat me to the punch. I've been plucking up the courage to post my nano cube journal (I guess I'll have to subtitle mine, "how not to do it!"). Its interesting that you are not using the supplied filter. Did you have problems with it or did you just want the extra filter size that the 501 offers? I've got a 20l nano set up and have misgivings about the filter's performance. I have been thinking of swapping to an external but I'd prefer one that I can set up in the cabinet beneath the tank (rather than have it on the same level as the tank, as is the case with the 501- so I'm led to believe).

Cheers

Allen
It's just to minimise equipment in the tank mate. I'd reccomend the fluval 105 for this tank if I didn't already have the eden.
TDI-line said:
Nice work Dan, looks great. :D
Cheers mate!

Dan

Thanks for the filter recommendation. I may well order one.

Cheers

Allen

A promising start! I don't think I like the black background though.

Garuf said:
A promising start! I don't think I like the black background though.
Thats fair enough mate, it's to hide the eden behind it, if i use white board it seems to go a weird green/dark grey.

vauxhallmark said:
They're not cheap, but might work out OK if you're going to use all the equipment.

Thanks for the links, I am looking for a nano for the office but this is way over my budget!!
Looks great for the size Dan :) Any fauna in there?

Dan Crawford said:
Nope, 'ill put some Crystal Reds in there soon, little baby ones ;)
Great :) how fast are they breeding for you? I have no such luck yet!

Back