• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's Dennerle Nano

Hi Dan,ive decided to get myself one of these dennerle nanos after seeing yours,just going to try to find a external filter to go with it,take care john.

Hi,

I've been musing over this thread for a bit now and looking at my 10L Dennerle Nano with envy. I've decided to just copy Dan and ordered in a small bottle of Tropica TPN+ to use for ferts rather then mess about with making my own. Combine with with RO water some GH booster i should have the water sorted for real plant growth (compared to survival as my neglected nano is at the mo).

I also have the Dennerle nano CO2 kit mentioned above and think it is good quality, however the first cannister only lasted 2 months on my 20L which i was a bit dissapointed at, especially at £9 a new one. I did loose a bit of CO2 when screwing it in however so the second one should last somewhat longer. I'm going to move it from my 20L onto this nano as the Ricca in my 20L is just going InSaNe. I think the poor RCS are a little disturbed by all the pearling so havnt been breeding like they used too with just easy carbo.

I'm also tempted to remove the Dennerle filter from mine as it does take up a fair amount of space in the dainty 10L. But i have had no issues with it and it is so, so quiet that it suits my bedroom very well.

Question - how quiet are the external, small filters mentioned in this thread (the Eden 501 and others)? suitable for bedrooms?

Best Regards,

John

I use a eden 501 next to my pillow and it's loud when everything else in the room is off. Much much louder than my ex1200. I'd be looking at an eheim 2213 or similar which are well known for their silent operation.

Garuf said:
I use a eden 501 next to my pillow and it's loud when everything else in the room is off. Much much louder than my ex1200. I'd be looking at an eheim 2213 or similar which are well known for their silent operation.

actually looking at the eheim 2213 flow rates i'm a bit terrified of applying that to a 10L. x40 turnover... :D

300lph? exactly the same as the eden and the nano filter that is already in the denerrle cubes?

Garuf said:
300lph? exactly the same as the eden and the nano filter that is already in the denerrle cubes?

Same as the Dennerle filter?! serious! wow. Doesnt seem that strong. I guess i'm judging this from the fluval 205 i had fitted to my 174L main tank which is only 680 lph, very glad i've replaced that now.

Hi guys, i've just been chatting to the guys at Dennerle looking for a list of "where to buy" the nanos and they gave me this. I hope it's of some help.
Amwell Aquatics Epping and Ely
Ripples Waterlife Bridgemere, Telford and Shenstone
Living Reef Dartford
Goldfish Bowl Oxford
Hobby Fish Milton Keynes
A&D Aquatics Oldbury Birmingham
Hollybush Aquatics
Aquajardin Gloucester & Southampton
Bretonside Aquatics Plymouth
Waterzoo Peterborough
Andy's Aquatics Birkenhead
The Fish People Grosvenor Garden Centre Chester
Harrogate Aquatics
Outside Inside Aquatics East Lothian

Dan Crawford said:
Not much has change TBH but heres a pic of it in situ....

Is your lamp mounted at an angle? I actually think that would be better on mine due to my daft hardscape placement.

Dan Crawford said:
TDI-line said:
Do you use the glass lid btw?
You can't really use the glass lid with external pipework, not that i'd use it anyway, too much cleaning LOL

I actually found the glass lid with the Dennerle lamp mists up alot and in my mind would reduce the light getting into the tank. Oddly the Arcpods when they were mounted on mine less than an inch from it didnt have this problem as they probably had extra heat evaporating the mist from the glass. I still prefer the bulb in the Dennerle light thou.

John

Back