• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's Little Mountain replacement

Graeme Edwards said:
Sweet,those shrimp are very very nice. Where did you get them from?
Snails look cool too. I wonder how macro those shots are though.Can you see all that detail with the naked eye?
Im sure dan has his own ideas though.
I got mine at MA@Morden and I have seen them at Wholesale Tropicals also in London, not sure if they still stock them though. They do need temps at around 27C so a nano not sure if is ideal for them, but they would look great in that scape ;)

Hobby fish hear me do them, i might give them a ring, i'm not into a heater though :( Inline maybe? hhmmm, food for thought.

Dan (and Graeme) that is AWESOME!

The wood is fantastic and the way it creeps over the rocks like driftwood lodged in a rocky rapid of a stream is amazing. Gotta get some tiny stems in there and HC tucked in around the rocks, but you know all that!!!

Can't wait to see it planted up.

wowowowwowowow.

seriously,

so cool.

tbh i'd have that in my living room without any plants or livestock. brillant hardscape. :D

exceedingly good.

best regards,

John

Hi Guys, thanks for the kind words.

Heres an update. I've added a few plants R. Walichii, Fissidens fontanus, H.C, Elecharis parvula.
As you can see, the Rotala isn't doing great and with it cams some spirogyra from another tank. I've got that sorted but the Rotala didn't like moving over. I've got some Myriophyllum mezianum that i might replace it with but thats even bigger, finer but with longer leaves. It's tough but i've got enough plants in my house to keep trying something else till it's right.
The Fissidens is placed in ther and i'm waiting for it to take hold before i hack it back.
HC is planted intermittently as i really don't want a carpet, just nice patches of it.
Template-Panoramic.gif

Template1.gif

Template.gif

Tom said:
Like the branches Dan, are they out of the tank from FoF?
Yeah, you've got it, i'll be showing that tank off soon. I've gotta let people forget about Graeme's first, i don't wanna be shown up LOL

Why the difference in sand? Dunno really, just adds more texture and another dimension. The Bright sand works well asa forground and offers a contrast to the rocks, whilst the Senagal matches the rocks well and just feels natural to me :D
SteveUK said:
Loving the spares planting mate. Excellent :!:
Thanks mate.

Tonser said:
Absolutely bloody tremendous :D :D :D

I love it. One tank that I'd rather didnt fill out - looks great as is !!!

Tony
Thanks mate, i feel the same! It's really really hard TBH there just aren't enough small plants. I'm gonna give some UG a try as suggested but otherwise i'm stuck.
It would go down a storm at the International Aquatic PLANT Layout Competition LOL

Hi again,

I really love the scale of the stratification on the Unipac Fossilised Wood, it works so well in the small tank.

The small branchs you collected locally, i've thought about doing this but have been unsure of what and where i should collect.

Can you explain where you collected them from and any treatment you did to stop them rotting or tainting the tanks you have used them in?

Thanks,

John

SteveUK said:
I am *so* buying me some of those cal-aqua nano pipes mate! Sexy just doesn't cover it ;)
TGM pal, £37.99 and worth every bean!
hijac said:
I really love the scale of the stratification on the Unipac Fossilised Wood, it works so well in the small tank.
Thanks, it took a while to get it right, its things like that that have to be right in a nano IMO
hijac said:
The small branchs you collected locally, i've thought about doing this but have been unsure of what and where i should collect.

Can you explain where you collected them from and any treatment you did to stop them rotting or tainting the tanks you have used them
I collected them in Wales, i did nothing to test them except try them out. They were certainly dead and dry so i thought "why not". I've not had any bad effects from it in any of my tanks, i've had a bit of algae on them but nothing out of the ordinary.

Back