• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's New Tank

Cheers mate :D

Dan Crawford said:
nrwatson said:
What Happened
I'll put the photos back up after the Nature Aquarium Party.
Cheers
Dan

I could just imagine you there, drunk and peeing in to Amanos 9000l tank, dead Altums floating to the top. :lol:

Dave.

Dan Crawford said:
Ray said:
Question - was the only flow in Route to Wilderness from your Eheim 2028?
yep.
1050lph/162l = 6.5x rated flow, probably 5x or less actual. Lilly pipes too. Very impressive.
<bows very low>
I guess this is thanks to (relatively) low light and 24/7 CO2? Or maybe because your tank was quite mature?
How long did 2kg last at 2bps on this setup?
Did you trim the e. acicularis or is that as long as it gets?

Ray said:
I guess this is thanks to (relatively) low light and 24/7 CO2?
I wouldn't call it relatively low light? I'd put it down to it's maturity, the flow was low but well directed and un-hindered. A balance is the key and some how i stumbled acroos the balance and all went swimmingly for the last 6 months of the scape.
The FE lasted over 8 months :wideyed: , used it in this tanks new scape till very recently! I say it was "2bps" coz that what i set it to at the start. i removed the counter after a while and just followed my instinct so it could have been lower.
The e. acicularis was trimmed every week or so and it ended up staying quite short. :D

George Farmer said:
Looking good mate. Nice photo too... ;)

Should do well in the AGA I reckon. ;)
Let's hope! Fingers crossed.
TDI-line said:
Rubbish.

That's what i think every Monday when the dustman calls.

Stunning.

That's what i think when i see one of DC's tank.

( :D )
Thanks mate!!!

Dan Crawford said:
Ray said:
I guess this is thanks to (relatively) low light and 24/7 CO2?
I wouldn't call it relatively low light
My mistake, its not, I misread the number of tubes :oops: Anyway, I really like this, I've gone into your gallery and pinched it as my desktop picture, hope you don't mind, you've usurped Saintly's "The Henge" :D. The only critique I can find is that the Staurogyne looks out of place to me :? but I think George is right, you will do well in the AGA, even better than ADA.

So do you do 24/7 CO2 because you don't have a solenoid or because you think it is better, and if better why?
Also what was your daily dose of Easycarbo?

Sorry to ask all these questions, but it is a journal... ;)

Geat tank Dan!

Speaking of AGA, does anyone know when the showcase for 2008 is put online? I love looking at those.

Cheers Ray, i ran the CO2 24/7 coz the solenoid i had was noisy and i had issues with BBA, after eliminating the solenoid and spot dosing the BBA it never came back so thats how i've ran it ever since on all of my tanks.
I was doing 10ml of easycarbo a day with may have had something to do with the lack of algae through out the tank.
The use of Staurogyne was for "innovation", the tank was submitted to the ADA before Stauragyne had been released, another reason that this tank couldn't be shown off earlier, i thought the judges would like that. It didn't really have much of a chance to grow before it was photographed.
Thomas McMillan said:
Speaking of AGA, does anyone know when the showcase for 2008 is put online? I love looking at those.
Not sure mate, i don't think it'll be long though.

Back