• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's New Tank

thanks guys, it means a lot, i was worried that people wouldn't like it. It was really hard to get right.

Lovely looking tank, Dan. Most people seem to place their paths according to the golden ratio, but you have done a great job of chucking that rule out the window.

The path is looking a little too well defined for me at the moment, as in man made. Will you be using mosses to blend it in a little?

Nice exposure on the last shot, too.

Dave.

Hi mate, your very right about the man made look. I'm awaiting some mosses and Fissidens from AquaticMagic and once i receive them i'll be "mossing it up". That should take the edge off.

Lovely looking tank, Dan. Most people seem to place their paths according to the golden ratio, but you have done a great job of chucking that rule out the window.

Yes, and that is interesting. I wish to have the confidence to break the rule like you did.

I believe you've got the Cal Aqua pipe, what do you think about them? Do you think the inverted cone is better than the traditional one?

alexandre said:
I believe you've got the Cal Aqua pipe, what do you think about them? Do you think the inverted cone is better than the traditional one?
Hi Alexandre, i got it for free so i can't moan too much! it's really good actually, flow seems great although i have a supposed 1800lph coming out of it so maybe thats a bit unfair to compare but over all i think there really good. You get no surface agitation so some may find that a bit of a let down although others may find it a blessing.

Nice to break the rules eh?!
Those of you who know me will know that i don't stick to the "rules" what ever they are.
(it doesn't always work out though) :rolleyes:

You get no surface agitation so some may find that a bit of a let down although others may find it a blessing.

That's what I was thinking, I do get this nasty surface scum, film what ever you want to call it, when my filter get a bit clogged and I don't get the whirlpool. Thanks for the feed back.

Cheers Sam, originally i never had i there but putting the wood in the corner seemed to finish it off and will also help to create a canopy to cover the path if you know what i mean.
No doubt it'll change in time once i have the new plants and mosses......

Hi Dan, you da man my friend, thats one cool looking aquascape, i like your bravery in doing things your way and as you see it never mind ada this is DC scaping man, love it take care mate john, 8)

Thanks guys, the scape has traveled along way in terms of looks but the basics are still the same. I've given the glosso a serious hair cut and once it's recovered i'll put more pics up. Everything is growing well and there are loads more plants in there now. I've also removed the front brace off the tank, i've just gotta pluck up the courage to remove the rest! ;)

Looks great :) i prefer the last scape with the "river" looks very nice :)
One of these days I will have to get rid of my internal filter and rescape mine ;)
Keep us posted with more photos :)

One question: How do you find that R 2000 diffusor? I have one which I plan to use when my pressurized system arrives, purchased it for my DIY only too find out it was not good for DIY.

Back