• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's Vivarium...

aaronnorth said:
TDI-line said:
Very nice Dan, but i'm struggling to see the frog. :(

the first picture is of the frog :bored: or do you mean in the viv?

Ahh, it's come up now, i was only get the 2nd and 3rd pics before,

Man that is amazing, Dan will be entering the Croaker parade now, from the League of Gentlemen.

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words!
samc said:
how much was your frog?
It was £50
Themuleous said:
How hard to keep is the frog? Easy to feed? Humidity easy to control?
He's easy to keep, i don't do anything, just feed him flightless fruit flies. I haven't had to do anything to keep the humidity up, the moisture in the soil keeps it up i presume, it's stayed around 70-80% and all the plants are saturated.
rawr said:
How did you create the waterfall?
It's just a powerhead from a Juwel Rekord 60 internal filter and some garden hose. There is about 4cm of water in the bottom of the tank which is full of clay pebbles and topped with peat, it runs out every other day and i just top it up, easy. I'm gonna re-design it tonight though, get real creative, i was gonna do it last night but i never spent the night at home LOL
LondonDragon said:
any chance of some full shots to show the setup??
I'll get one tonight.

I'm drilling a massive piece of fossilised wood tonight for the waterfall, should be interesting!

For lighting i'm using the AquaFX LEDs that i reviewed for PFK, if you didn't read it, they didn't get a good review LOL THe batteries have ran out in the zapper/controller so i can't stop it from changing colour, i have to wait about two minutes for it to go through an eight colour cycle before i can take another shot, plays havock with the white balance :lol:

These are worth investigating guys, it's like aquascaping - but without the algae worries :lol:

£50 seems alot to me but i dont know much about them. i was looking at the red eyed tree frogs they have allways been a favorite of mine, have you seen them about? and how much? iv read that they are $20-$50 in dollars but not sure about here as they come from parts of america

£50 is the cheapest Dendrobate (thats why i have one LOL) they go up to about £200.

The Tree Frogs need a big viv because they jump quite far and like to be as high up as possible. I'm just discussing a possible new project with my Master (Jeremy) and we're talking about Tree Frogs coz the viv will be massive!
I'm not sure how much they cost, sorry.

Most vivs are taller than they are wide, there's a reason for it. You may be ok but you may need to do a load of research as the main thing i've heard about them is, they need a tall vivarium. I've not researched Tree Frogs specifically though but this is all i've heard.

Good point, most vivs have mesh for a roof which obviously lets light in and ventilates at the same time, many have ventilation at the bottom of the front pane too, hhmmmmm.

I've just looked for tree frogs and they're in the region of £75.

Back