• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dario Ditch: rescaped

Have you read the forum on "old school" CO2 dissolution? Perhaps worth a try and easily removed if you don't want to pursue/go to full pressurised...
Now I have:thumbup:, at least if you mean this one. I do not like the waste of disposable CO2 bottles, but the diffuser design is quite brilliant, well maybe you should tweak it a bit and do some math before hanging a bottle upside down in your tank, but brilliant it is!

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1082 (2).JPG

the males set up a small territory and defend it by showing off, really fun to watch.

Tank wise I have lots of algae after a short holiday, including two different colors of cyanobacteria, lovely long green hair algae and some brown algae on the glass and plants. Since that is even for my liking a bit much I started dosing H2O2, which seems to be working... positive side effect is that the water looks extraordinary clear...

Hi all,It really p*sses me off that you can't get females of any of the Dario spp., they are amongst my favourite fish.

cheers Darrel

Yes from the 6 I have, 5 are male for sure, the sixth I still don't now. You have to be very lucky to find a female in the trade. Hobby-breeders might be a better source but are very scarce to.

added some Malawa-shrimp:
IMG_1237.JPG

snapshot:
IMG_1242.JPG

any thoughts on a background plant behind the rotala?
I'm thinking of adding some glosso to the foreground, maybe a small crypt in de midground.

Calculated water parameters:
dGH 1,53
dKH 1
Ca 6 ppm
Mg 3 ppm
S 4,68 ppm
K 14,34 ppm
PO4 1 ppm
NO3 15,3 ppm
Fe 0,3 ppm
B 0,04 ppm
Mn 0,2 ppm
Mo 0,01 ppm
Zn 0,04 ppm
Cu 0,04 ppm
CO2 18,67 - 23.34 ppm

Measured water parameters:
TDS 90-100
pH 6.1-6.2

I really like the more grown in look but with some openess to the back giving depth. So personally wouldn't change anything.

Back