• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dark Fissidens Mountains

Cor

Final full tank shot:

004_DSC01972.jpg

Title: Dark Fissidens Mountains
Dimensions:
24 liter 40x25x25
CO2:
pressurised 20ppm 24/7
Filtration:
Aquael Fan Filter
Lights: 2x Philips Genie ESaver 8W 865 lumen - 6500K
Photo Period:
12.00 - 20.00
Fertilisation: DIY ADA - lean dose
Substrate:
gravel
Hardscape:
driftwood
Flora:
Riccardia chamedryfolia mini and Fissidens fox
Fauna: Red Rili shrimps, Ottocinclus affinis
Journal Link
: no journal. For questions laeve a message

Lovely mossy textures. Dry start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cor
Very nice!. It’s a demonstration that you don’t need variety, a simple design with just one type of hardscape and two mosses to look wonderful. How do you dry start and attach mosses to rock. Need more detail.

Last edited:
Very nice!. It’s a demonstration that you don’t need variety, a simple design with just one type of hardscape and two mosses to look wonderful. How do you dry start and attach mosses to rock. Need more detail.
Thank you for your kind words.
The layout is fairly basic, just like the plant. But that was also the intention: KIS = Keep It Simple

But, I also have to confess that I don't have the hardscape skills like the top 50 NHSC. Also because the hardscape materials available at my LFS cost me a fortune to experiment with.
So with the resources available I'm very happy with the final result of my little moss scape. There's a video of this project. Maybe it is useful;

I think that's amazing. I have some questions for those ITK

Could this work without CO2?
How did you attached the moss?
For the dry start you just had wet substrate and that kept everything moist?
What the hell is the yoghurt for?

I think that's amazing. I have some questions for those ITK

Could this work without CO2?
How did you attached the moss?
For the dry start you just had wet substrate and that kept everything moist?
What the hell is the yoghurt for?
Do Fissidens fox is marked as 'Advanced' it could be grown without CO2. It takes only more time to develop.
For example; this is a 12L without CO2, just tap water and minimum nutrients

12l.jpg

I've made a video that will answer the rest of your questions :thumbup:

Another thing. I plan on giving this a bash, do you thing one could grow carpet plants emerged at the same time as the moss venture?

Another thing. I plan on giving this a bash, do you thing one could grow carpet plants emerged at the same time as the moss venture?
Nope. Carpet plants demand an other approach. You can not chop them in small pieces and spread them out...:lol:

You could use the DSM (dry start method) and let the carpeting plants make the root system. After 6 weeks you can flood the tank.
Try to use emersed plants; (all) in-vitro plants would be perfect.
On the pic you see the result after 4 weeks DSM
ds.jpg

Back