• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Darrel Reaches 10,000 Posts!

But the same five posts have helped at least 2000 times each.

So the actual number of times you have help folks far exceeds 10,000 Post :thumbup: Not quite sure what the 'R' is on one of your post but its well over '1'

Your an inspiration to us all and an ambassador of the hobby :clap::clap:

Hi @Jayefc1
@jaypeecee what an amazing gesture you have made to @dw1305 I'm sure we all appreciate you pointing this out thank you

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Darrel (@dw1305) was getting very close to the 10,000 mark. I could hardly believe my eyes today when I noticed that Darrel was at 9,999 messages/posts. Couldn't miss the opportunity to thank him. But, rather than resort to PM, I felt that we'd all like to thank him for what he has given us.

JPC :)

Cheers for putting up with us all @dw1305 😂

Like the others, really appreciate how long you’ve been on UKAPS helping and educating.

Members and lurkers alike are very lucky that you’re here.

Congrats Darrell :) welcome to the 10k club :)
Members like you keep this forum going and what it is today, one of the best in the world for planted tanks :)

Hi all,
Thanks everybody, it hasn't really been 10,000 posts in 12 years, it has been the same five posts repeated 2000 times each.

I've learned a lot from the forum (its members really), and I think I was very lucky to have found it when I did.

cheers Darrel
Congrats to the inventor of quickest Nitrate test in the world!
But... it looks like one-legged ginger irishman on a thursday needs to be repeated 2000 times to fill up your challenge ;P

Hi all,
Congrats to the inventor of quickest Nitrate test in the world!
If it had been more straightforward <"to get accurate NO3 values"> I probably wouldn't have ever gone down the publicizing the <"Duckweed index"> route. <"I'd used it"> myself, but without ever really appreciating that it could be expanded into a more general approach.

This forum made me think a lot more carefully about the underlying science, and when I read Tom's (@plantbrain) and Clive's (@ceg4048) posts <"about EI"> I knew I needed to <"raise my game">.
it looks like one-legged ginger irishman on a thursday needs to be repeated 2000 times
I have become quite attached to him, but then <"I'd be lost in the 2000 posts."> .........He might have a <"spin-off career on YouTube"> (link found via cockney and gargoyle).

When I started the cycling posts they <"weren't very well received"> (re-found this one via the "kittens" analogy). It was right at the start of the nitrification revolution, and I didn't have the scientific references <"to show that nitrification was a lot more widespread than the literature suggested">.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Members like you keep this forum going and what it is today, the best in the world for planted tanks :)
ftfy :)
Too kind, I just provide the means, the regular members is what makes UKAPS what it is today :)

Back