• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dashkasan - 30L scaping

Diogo Matias

Seedling
Hi everyone!
I want to introduce my new nanoaquarium. I pretend to inovate, so I used sand in the back of the tank and a good slope of substrate to improve depth.
Feel free to comment and critique.

brilant.jpg

Setup (29-01-09)
Tank: 50x25x25 (cm) [about 20L of real volume].
Filtration: Elite Hush 10 (270 L/h)
Lighting: 2x18W T8 6500K
CO2: DIY

Plants: Hemianthus callitrichoides 'cuba', Hemianthus micranthemoides, Blyxa japonica, Riccia fluitans and Fissidens fontanus.

Nice work, really nice. Once that HM has grown in it should look really smart. Adding the smaller bits of stone to the path way has made feel more natural, maybe add some smaller ones, gradually getting smaller towards the back?

Please forgive me if i'm wrong but has there been some photoshop work done on the end of that pathway?

There's no photoshop work in here (unfortunly I don't work very well with that program :oops: ), the only thing i've done is crop with photofilter (more simple to work than photoshop, and with enough tools to me). ;)
The path still need's to be improved... :rolleyes: I like the right side, but the left isn't so well. I hope that when cuba and fissidens grown make it look more natural. Adding smaller rocks is also a good ideia, but I have none of this Dragon stone at home. Got to buy some more...

Thanks for comment :)

i see some resemblance of another scape here :lol:

i think it needs a bit more time to mature... not sure that the really defiant line of divide between the plants on the left is working though

Thomas McMillan said:

Realy? I'm new over here. I would like to see it! Can you give me the link to that scape?

;) the tank is only 2 weeks old, and some plants only entry recently, so it got lot to grow!
That line is the main problem of the scape... it needs to be modifyed and maybe stones with diferent shape.

Thanks Themuleous! That's what I pretend to do with this tank! Playing with proportions in a small nano scape.
Hope it grow acording to plan, to try my hope in iaplc 09, not excpecting to win of couse, but an half table result would be very good :)

And thanks for comment TDI-line. ;)

Any comments and suggestions will be take in consideration. Got much to learn!

Diogo Matias said:
Thomas McMillan said:

Realy? I'm new over here. I would like to see it! Can you give me the link to that scape?

;) the tank is only 2 weeks old, and some plants only entry recently, so it got lot to grow!
That line is the main problem of the scape... it needs to be modifyed and maybe stones with diferent shape.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3989

Looking good Diogo, the depth is good for a nano, just have to wait and see how it will look when plants grow in.

oh and Bem vindos ao UKAPS, espero que gostes disto por aqui :)

Abraco

LondonDragon said:
Looking good Diogo, the depth is good for a nano, just have to wait and see how it will look when plants grow in.

oh and Bem vindos ao UKAPS, espero que gostes disto por aqui :)

Abraco

It's always good to see known people here :D
Obrigado pelo apoio ;) e se vires algumas gralhas no meu bad english corrige-me sff :lol:

Abraço

Thaks for the link Thomas.
It have some things in comon but they are very different. I have steems in rock sides, he have ferns, I'm trying to grow cuba he has moss... but i see you point ;)

Diogo Matias said:
but i see you point ;)
Well, somebody (maybe George?) here said that the best thing for the beginning aquascaper is to imitate tanks he really likes and to start innovation from there. I know this is not your case, but I would certainly do it if I'd start again.

Thing is, that coming up with an original composition is getting harder by the day. It feels a little like the Hollywood films in the 80's. Or the thing that happened to paintings. We no longer have Van Goghs. It always happens to art. It matures and it gradually shifts towards innovations on a smaller scale. I see no problem in that.

There's still some room for "les nouveaux" though in the aquascaping art. Check Peter Kirwan's scape (even George gives him "top marks for innovation") or the 2008 ADA contest winner. But it gets smaller, until it completely disappears. Aging is the nature of art forms, I guess.

Back