• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dave's TMC Signature Island

Few updates:
  • Some slight crypt melting, so chopped away the affected leaves. Mainly happening with the Becketii and Wendtii species. Not going to worry about this and new leaves already emerging.
  • No signs of algae yet (2 weeks in). 6 hours of light and the fact that its a low light set-up means for the first time I'm algae free so far.
  • I'm on to water changes every 2 days now, I change around 25-30% at a time.
  • Oily film on surface is clearing up slowly, still there but sometimes drop some kitchen roll over up to scrape it up. Hopefully it will completely clear soon.
  • Drop checker is a solid green & dosing everyday EI salts, macro and micro on alternate days (as I've been doing water changes every other day). Also dosing TNC Carbon everyday.

Has anyone got any tips on how to clean the white deposit left on the glass near the rim of the tank at the waters edge? I have pretty hard water so I'm always left with a white rim round the top of the glass. I brush it often but doesn't keep it away completely.

Really nice looking scape you have here , the more I see these 'island' type scapes , the more I want to just tear down mine and re start .
Is that optiwhite glass for the tank ?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Really nice looking scape you have here , the more I see these 'island' type scapes , the more I want to just tear down mine and re start .
Is that optiwhite glass for the tank ?

Cheers

Thanks a lot! Yep optiwhite glass, I love it. The TMC signature aquariums are superb value and made to a very high standard.

I would like to go optiwhite , I work for a glazing firm and can get it at cost , if I'm brave enough I think I'm going to build one :/ maybe .
Looks awesome though not seeing the green/black edge of the glass !

I will definitely be watching this to see how it all grows in .
Cheers

I would like to go optiwhite , I work for a glazing firm and can get it at cost , if I'm brave enough I think I'm going to build one :/ maybe . Looks awesome though not seeing the green/black edge of the glass !

Optiwhite is definitely the way to go :) I also love the depth of the TMC aquariums.

It looks very nice. Perhaps a few more branches coming out of the island would look good and create added dynamic.

I thought this also, might look into it, but don't want to destroy what's already there.

Hoping the crypts will grow some more at the back and side.

Thanks for your comments :)

I introduced some Ember Tetras today. Just 10 of them + 4 Lemon Tetras from a smaller tank that's no longer running. I have seen them in a few aquascapes on UKAPS, they're nice looking fish.

This video was taken about 2 hours after they were introduced...best to watch in HD for better viewing as it's only an Iphone video. Let me know what you think :)

Back